Head of Driver Growth, ANZ
Uber is a technology company that is changing the way the world thinks about transportation. We are building technology people use everyday. Whether it's heading home from work, getting a meal delivered from a favorite restaurant, or a way to earn extra income, Uber is becoming part of the fabric of daily life.
We're making cities safer, smarter, and more connected. And we're doing it at a global scale-energizing local economies and bringing opportunity to millions of people around the world.
Uber's positive impact is tangible in the communities we operate in, and that drives us to keep moving forward.
About the role
In just over five years, Uber's proud to be delivering our service throughout 63 countries in over 344 different cities across the globe. But that's not enough - our mission is to deliver transportation as reliable as running water for everyone, everywhere. To do this, we are looking for a Head of Driver Growth to help us acquire and onboard driver-partners in cities around ANZ, by liaising with local regulators and collaborating with internal stakeholders to work towards favourable outcomes for our driver-partners; iterating on existing communications strategies; identifying and delivering high impact projects; designing and refining best-in-class processes; and continuous experimenting paired with a deep understanding of data and analytics.
What you'll do
- Define and deliver the strategy for ANZ Driver Growth. You will set the strategic vision for the sustained growth of new drivers joining the Uber platform across the region. You will need both to understand local market nuances as well as to anticipate future threats and opportunities.
- Continuous experimentation with on boarding funnels. As you're looking to maximise and optimise our acquisition spend, you need to intricately understand which areas of the funnel cause friction and run numerous experiments simultaneously to test hypotheses of how to decrease leakage and deliver a better experience for our partners. You will draw heavily on your analytical capability to identify and value opportunities as well as guiding the business's resources towards the highest impact projects.
- Identify best practices and ensure region-wide adoption. Your continued experimentation and deep understanding of our operations will enable you to determine best-in-class approaches to all things Driver Growth. To ensure our continued success and growth at the "right cost" it will be crucial for you to ensure best practices are adopted across the region.
- Liaise with and influence with stakeholders across Growth Marketing and Product as well as Policy, Legal and Communications. You will be part of a global community of growth experts and need to ensure ANZ's needs and requirements are recognised and delivered. You will work closely with our Policy team and ensure that their input to federal and state legislative reforms is optimised for sustained growth of Driver Acquisitions. You will need to balance a growth and compliance mindset to minimise the regulatory burden that is passed on to our driver-partners.
- Optimise Driver acquisition. As one of your main KPIs will be to meet the company's Driver Acquisition target, you will need to be the main driver behind our acquisition efforts, optimising both spend and operations and constantly identifying new opportunities and executing on those to the highest level.
- Lead and grow a regional team of Growth managers and associates. You will inherit a high performing team and you will be expected to nurture them as the future leaders of the business. You will also grow the team as you identify untapped opportunities and identify future risks. You will set the roadmap for the team and ensure timely delivery of projects.
What you'll need
- An attitude to ground your decision-making in data; you will combine your excellent analytical capabilities with strong business acumen to ensure we're always working on the most impactful projects
- A proactive nature; when you see an opportunity, you address it, not waiting for someone else to take initiative
- A desire to learn and constantly improve; you're expected to play an active role in the global growth community and constantly see if we can learn from other region
- A strong sense of empathy; as you will deal with many stakeholders both internal and external, it is paramount that you understand other people's motivations and desires and adjust your style accordingly; likewise, everything we do is to serve our customers and driver-partners should be at the the centre of your thinking at all times
- An ability to set priorities; as with every business, resources are not infinite and you will need to prioritise where you invest time and effort and what your team should focus on
- A phenomenal team builder; you will need to inspire and develop your team
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Computer Science, Math, Statistics, Economics, Finance or similar field
- SQL knowledge a plus, but not required
- Free Uber!
- The rare opportunity to change the way the world moves such that everyone around you is using the product you built. We're not just another social web app, we're moving real people and assets and reinventing transportation and logistics globally.
- Smart, engaged co-workers
- Monthly gym & health insurance reimbursement
Uber is an equal opportunity employer and enthusiastically encourages people from a wide variety of backgrounds and experiences to apply. Uber does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), gender, national origin, citizenship, age, mental or physical disability, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or any other basis prohibited by law.
Meet Some of Uber's Employees
Community Management Specialist
Brian makes sure that every Uber user has an amazing experience. He troubleshoots roadblocks to customer happiness and also does outreach to attract new Uber users.
Back to top