Head of Design
Uber is a Series E venture-funded startup headquartered in San Francisco, California. We are a global mobility and logistics technology platform: our flagship service allows users to request quality, on-demand rides with a touch of their smartphone but we are rapidly developing new products. We are present in over 400+ cities worldwide, including over 30+ cities in LATAM with plans to rapidly expand in the region. Our technology allows us to move the physical world: We believe that, through innovation and entrepreneurship, we can have a meaningful impact on cities around the world.
Uber is seeking a senior design manager to lead, manage, and grow the LATAM creative team. The role demands great execution, bold innovation, obsession with quality, fearlessness and optimism to be inspired by the unknown and never settle, solving problems with creativity while keeping the user in mind and ambition to take projects to the finish line.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Work among other exceptionally talented staff in a fast-paced, rapidly growing, highly collaborative environment.
- From music festivals to marketing collateral, you will have the opportunity to give a local voice to Uber’s communications.
- Concept and execute both large scale and small scale brand expressions that are incredibly impactful and positive.
- Push projects to a world class level conceptually. Craft and lead world class executions that range from illustration to environmental design.
- Manage and direct outside agencies in a variety of cross disciplinary executions.
- Help designers become a source of inspiration for marketing efforts and inspire marketing management to be even more potent.
- Teach designers across regions how to strengthen their voices to become a thought and creative leaders in their local markets.
- Enable regional teams to ship high quality design assets with minimal effects on velocity, maximizing quality, creativity, and timely delivery.
- Build team camaraderie and apply best practices in cross region knowledge sharing.
- Build the systems for you (and others) to effectively identify, evaluate and hire designers and writers who can take Uber to new levels of awesomeness.
WHAT YOU’LL NEED
- 10+ years of relevant visual design experience in print, interactive design, environmental design, social media, and/or direct marketing, preferably in a traditionally managed creative or digital agency environment.
- 5+ years experience directly managing, mentoring, and building local and remote design teams
- Highly strategic and conceptual thinker with love of storytelling and that pushes creative boundaries
- Strong business acumen, with a solid understanding of how to achieve business objectives while meeting an expected brand standard and high bar for aesthetic quality
- Experienced overseeing relationships with brand consultancies and interactive agencies.
- Employees are given Uber credits each month.
- Ground floor opportunity to shape the strategic direction of the company.
- The rare opportunity to change the world such that everyone around you is using the product you built. We’re not just another social web app, we’re moving real people and assets and reinventing transportation and logistics globally.
- Sharp, motivated co-workers in a fun office environment.
- Employees are given Uber credits every month.
- Ground floor opportunity with the team: shape the strategic direction of the company
- Rare opportunity to change the world such that everyone around you is using the product you built. We’re not just another app, we’re moving tech as well as real people and assets, and reinventing transportation and logistics globally
- Sharp, super motivated co-workers in a fun office environment
Meet Some of Uber's Employees
Community Management Specialist
Brian makes sure that every Uber user has an amazing experience. He troubleshoots roadblocks to customer happiness and also does outreach to attract new Uber users.
Back to top