Head of Data Science - Xchange Leasing
Passionate about high-growth startups and have strong analytical skills? Are you a proven team player, strategic thinker, and executor? Do you live and breathe to turn raw data into meaningful business information? Then let’s talk.
As the Head of Data Science & Risk at Xchange Leasing, an Uber subsidiary offering innovative lease solutions, you’ll have the chance to use your analytical skills to design, implement and track processes and structures central to Xchange Leasing’s growth. You’ll have the opportunity to not only think critically about how to solve problems, but also execute on your ideas based on the results of your analysis. We’re looking for someone who has a very strong mind for numbers, is willing to take on challenges, and possesses solid business acumen.
For more details on Xchange Leasing and the Uber Vehicle Solutions program, take a look at our Xchange home page HERE
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
- Own and continuously improve Xchange Leasing’s underwriting model, creating industry-leading performance by leveraging new and creative data sources and the latest in machine learning
- Own all KPIs associated with underwriting and report on them to the Xchange management team/board
- Own the pricing analytics function, building a detailed knowledge base and expertise in what any make/model/trim/year/mileage/wear combo is worth, anywhere
- Own the residual analytics function, building out a view of what all vehicles will be worth in the future, anywhere
- Create a sell/hold decision engine for Xchange for vehicles returning from drivers
- Manage Xchange’s Credit and Pricing/Residual analysts to accomplish the above
- Track Xchange’s performance vs. model and identify/monitor trends in key business KPIs
- Identify and monitor key business risks
WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW/HAVE:
- Incredible analytical horsepower – able to work through the most difficult and esoteric of problems
- A true lifetime learner – some of the things we are trying to do are at the bleeding edge of machine learning and underwriting
- The strength and confidence to stick to your guns and voice your opinions, even if you are outnumbered
- Good people management skills – you will have a team and you should look forward to inspiring and challenging them
- Excellent communication skills – able to break down the complexity of what you are building/finding into bite-sized chunks that management and the board can understand
- There are several different profiles that could work for this role:
- Either: Deep experience in a consumer finance management role (ideally mortgage lending, vehicle loans, or vehicle leasing), ideally in a credit or risk capacity
- Or: Deep experience in an analytics-heavy management role, ideally managing statistics PHDs or comparable
- Or: Deep experience in complicated data analysis from the product-side, ideally working with engineers, statisticians, and business leads to create complex and data-heavy products
- Some experience in banking, PE, hedge fund, VC, or consulting a plus
- Experience working with product/engineers a plus
PERKS & BENEFITS
- Employees are given Uber credits every month.
- Ground floor opportunity with the team; shape the strategic direction of the company.
- The rare opportunity to change the world such that everyone around you is using the product. you built. We’re not just another social web app, we’re moving real people and assets and. reinventing transportation and logistics globally.
- Sharp, motivated co-workers in a fun office environment.
- 401(k) plan, gym reimbursement, nine paid company holidays.
- Full medical/dental/vision package to fit your needs.
- Unlimited vacation policy; work hard and take time when you need it.
Meet Some of Uber's Employees
Community Management Specialist
Brian makes sure that every Uber user has an amazing experience. He troubleshoots roadblocks to customer happiness and also does outreach to attract new Uber users.
Back to top