Head of CRM
Job DescriptionHead of CRM Marketing
San Francisco, CA
Uber is a technology company that is changing the way the world thinks about transportation. We are building technology people use everyday. Whether it's heading home from work, getting a meal delivered from a favorite restaurant, or a way to earn extra income, Uber is becoming part of the fabric of daily life.
We're making cities safer, smarter, and more connected. And we're doing it at a global scale-energizing local economies and bringing opportunity to millions of people around the world.
Uber's positive impact is tangible in the communities we operate in, and that drives us to keep moving forward
The Head of CRM will play a critical role in running and optimizing cross-channel acquisition and engagement programs that span our marketing channels, with the objective of growing customer acquisition, retention and usage of Uber's products across the United States and Canada.
She/he will be the main connection point between US/CA executive leadership and the company's millions of customers, touching both riders and drivers across North America.. S/he will develop and lead Uber's digital communications strategy across email, SMS, push notifications, in app messaging and more - managing a team of highly effective marketers. Working cross functionally with design, analytics, product, research, and engineering, she/he will define the technology, messaging, strategy, and data models needed for Uber to meet aggressive growth targets.
Based in San Francisco, CA, the Head of CRM will report to Kellyn Kenny, VP of Marketing, and be a crucial component of US/CA Marketing leadership team. The successful candidate will be an experienced digital marketing leader who will lead a CRM organization that brings the magic of Uber to every customer touchpoint.
What You'll Do:
- Develop and build a world class global CRM organization that can scale
- Streamline company-wide communication to customers
- Implement measures to have proactive two-way conversations with consumers
- Drive the direction of customer segmentation, targeting, and reporting to inform the development of the lifecycle program
- Agile planning and prioritization to balance local and national needs, efficiency, quality and results
- Ability to reinvent and adapt to changing demands and pressures within a complex organization with aggressive goals
- Develop an effective way to maintain constant visibility and transparency into the plans and progress of your team
- Find creative solutions to help the team overcome roadblocks despite limited data, tools and resources
- Build strong, healthy relationships within and across the teams
- Drive analytics and reporting to identify opportunities and manage performance
- Emphasis on collaboration outside of marketing to define strategies and deliver on the role of Programs/Campaigns.
- Coach and develop a team to maintain high morale and drive business results
- --Successful Candidates Will Bring:
The ideal candidate will be a visionary digital marketing communications leader with experience building a best-in-class CRM organization at scale. S/he will have the talent, energy and passion to effectively tell Uber's story to both riders and drivers. The Head of CRM will be an exceptional people manager who can scale and manage a large organization. A diplomatic and effective influencer, the ideal candidate will build strong relationships across the organization as well as externally.
- Be a visionary leader with experience building out a CRM organization from the ground up
- Be a self-starter with the ability to excel with little to no direction
- Have the ability to create something from nothing, identify a game plan, get results and embrace ambiguity along the way
- Understand the competitive marketplace of on-demand services on a global level
- Have an entrepreneurial spirit, thriving in a fast-paced, high growth environment
- Be emotionally resilient in fast paced, high profile and ever changing situations
- Have strong leadership skills and a team-oriented approach
- Have the ability to roll-up sleeves and lead by example at both strategic and tactical levels
- Be fluent in CRM technology and have shown the ability to implement it at scale
- 401(k) plan, gym reimbursement, nine paid company holidays.
- Full medical/dental/vision package to fit your needs.
- Unlimited vacation policy; take time when you need it.
- Employees are given Uber credits every month.
- The rare opportunity to change the way the world moves. We're not just another social web app, we're moving real people and assets and reinventing transportation and logistics globally.
- Smart, engaged co-workers.
Uber is an equal opportunity employer and enthusiastically encourages people from a wide variety of backgrounds and experiences to apply. Uber does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), gender, national origin, citizenship, age, mental or physical disability, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or any other basis prohibited by law.
Back to top