Head of Credit - Xchange Leasing
The Head of Credit will be a key member of the leadership team of Xchange Leasing, a new and rapidly growing Uber subsidiary focused on affordable vehicle finance options for current and prospective Uber drivers. This leader will drive best-in-class customer selection, behavior modeling and collections strategies and scoring for the business. Additionally, this individual will own Xchange’s Data Science function, including a seasoned data science manager and staff focused on credit underwriting in addition to other PHD-level analytics needs (e.g. real time vehicle pricing, fix vs. sell vehicle decisioning, etc.). This individual will play an integral part in developing product solutions and will deliver excellent terms to our customers. This role will report to the General Manger of Xchange Leasing, and will be based in San Francisco, CA.
This role presents a significant intellectual, technical, and operational challenge with enormous opportunity for business impact. At Xchange Leasing, we believe we are in a unique position to serve our customers with exceptional value due to our deep understanding and insight into the Uber driver-base coupled with our data-grounded analytic and customer-focused approach to building products. This leader will be passionate about enabling the success of drivers (with potentially other to-be-launched segments) by removing a critical barrier to deepening their activity on Uber – access to capital. This leader will demonstrate high judgment and deep business experience across economic cycles. She/he will bring proven ability to identify and recommend data-driven solutions for a new type of Lending, navigating through complex financial and regulatory issues across geographies. As an advanced analytics visionary and an inspiring people leader, she/he will partner with other members of the executive leadership team to define the optimal product/segment set for the market, be the communicator who can get all stakeholders on board and drive delivery.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Building a killer auto finance product, and in the future building a multi-product and multi-segment credit analytics organization. This leader will play a very active role in setting business strategy and guiding key business decisions.
- Leading experienced business intelligence and data scientist teams. Setting priorities, recruiting/resourcing, mentoring and developing talented staff, and providing input into work product. Examples of output include acquisition, behavior, or collections scores, price-setting frameworks, credit policy development, and fraud detection strategies.
- Developing and articulating thought leadership on the direction of Xchange as it grows deeper in leasing and potentially expands to new geographies, customer segments and products. Importantly, this candidate must have excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Setting collections policy. How do we handle delinquent accounts? How do we segment our active lessees? What “workout” options should we offer for our lessees, and to whom should we offer these options?
- Building products from the ground up. This role will sit at the heart of Xchange’s business, and will co-lead the development of product strategy, with a special role in helping make feature functionality decisions with a deep understanding of credit trade-offs.
WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW/HAVE:
- Experience leading large, diverse organizations and functions to deliver extraordinary results.
- Superior analytical skills. Demonstrated ability to identify and solve ambiguous problems. In particular, identifying customer (buying and selling) needs and inventing new ways to meet those needs.
- Demonstrated ability to operate both strategically and tactically in a high-energy, fast paced environment. High degree of organization and ability to manage multiple, competing priorities.
- Successful experience in hiring, people development, and managing large multi-level teams
- Excellent communication (verbal and written) and collaboration skills that enable you to earn trust at all levels.
- Extreme attention to detail and desire to roll up your sleeves.
- Growth potential to develop as a senior executive.
- Alignment with Uber’s cultural values
- 12+ years of experience
- Experience leading or in a leadership position of the Credit/Risk/Affiliated function of a bank or financial entity
- Professional exposure to and an understanding/appreciation of data science
- Deep people/team management experience
- MBA preferred
- Some tech experience preferred
Meet Some of Uber's Employees
Community Management Specialist
Brian makes sure that every Uber user has an amazing experience. He troubleshoots roadblocks to customer happiness and also does outreach to attract new Uber users.
Back to top