Head of Community Operations - Middle East & Africa
Uber is looking for a Head of Community Operations for MEA. The role will be focused on building a support structure across the region and creating the best experience possible for our customers. You’ll be tasked with scaling processes in an innovative way at a company that’s growing like crazy and changing constantly!
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
- Design and build a scalable multi-country operations support across MEA.
- Contribute to the company wide thinking process around support scaling.
- Work closely with our regional city teams to best localize support and improve CSAT and with our HQ and other regional hubs to optimize and streamline processes.
- Optimize support agent efficiency through innovent ticket-solving processes.
- You will own and manage the P&L for the support function.
- Help scale our other cities through developing and sharing best support practices.
WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW/HAVE:
- 8+ years of consulting, Investment Banking or Operations management experience.
- Excellent regional knowledge of Middle East and Africa
- Data-driven decision mentality and sound business judgment through strong analytical thinking.
- Creative solutions driven mindset, with a ‘get it done’ attitude.
- Relevant experience in consumer service marketing is helpful.
- Stellar networking skills and the ability to make smart partnerships happen.
- Entrepreneurial DNA and ability to work in fast paced, high pressure environments
- Comfortable with numbers. SQL guru? Amazing!
- Ready to motivate, train, and mentor your community operations managers and your team of representatives, utilizing the data to ensure the success of individuals and the team as a whole.
- Strong computer and process skills. You know all the shortcuts and can use your machine powerfully.
- A process pro. You’ll be revolutionizing the concept of support at Uber. You’re excited about the opportunity to create and optimise support processes, and are willing and able to lead others utilizing those processes. You constantly look to rejig things to make them more efficient.
- A leader. You understand the impact of a highly satisfied, excited crew of users and support reps. You are eager to build a team of support specialists who will look to you for leadership and guidance.
- A problem solver. You’ll see plenty of issues on a daily basis and need to react quickly to come up with elegant solutions.
- Uber credits every month.
- Ground floor opportunity with the team; shape the strategic direction of the company.
- The rare opportunity to change the world such that everyone around you is using the product you built. We’re not just another social web app, we’re moving real people and assets and reinventing transportation and logistics globally.
- Sharp, motivated co-workers in a fun office environment.
- Monthly gym reimbursement.
Full-time salary negotiable based on experience, and equity compensation plan.
Meet Some of Uber's Employees
Community Management Specialist
Brian makes sure that every Uber user has an amazing experience. He troubleshoots roadblocks to customer happiness and also does outreach to attract new Uber users.
Back to top