Head of Community Operations, LatAm
At Uber, providing world class customer support to riders and driver partners is a core feature of our product experience. Delivering this caliber of support isn’t easy – it takes leaders who can understand Uber’s operations, adapt to our constantly changing business, and help solve problems where no solution currently exists. We’re looking for an all-star business leader to develop, experiment, implement, and manage the support team who deliver this service to our customers across Latin America.
As a Head of Community Operations for the whole LatAm team, you will be a critical member of the Community Operations Sr Leadership and own responsibility for all aspects of Community Operations that touch your region. You’ll be responsible for ensuring that riders, drivers, and customers of Uber’s EATS and RUSH products receive high-quality, emotionally intelligent support. To do this, you’ll oversee the support delivery footprint, ensure agents are set up for success with resources and training, closely manage high visibility support programs like our Incident Response team, and partner closely with business owners to improve the customer experience. As this is a senior management role, you will need to build and manage a high performing team as well as work closely with other senior stakeholders in the organization.
The right person is ready to make tough, data driven decisions in a high-stakes, high-speed environment. They are passionate about Uber, customer obsessed, and ready to tackle big problems head on.
What You’ll Do
- Develop a customer support strategy that is consistent with Uber’s overall vision but tailored to the unique needs of our LatAm business
- Grow and lead a large team of Community Operations Managers and Community Support Representatives
- Own programs and outcomes – take charge of tough challenges and ensure we’re continuing to raise the bar with the quality of our support
- Be bold and entrepreneurial – the speed of our growth means the support playbook you may have learned may need to have a few pages rewritten
- Act like a marketer – excellent support drives growth; make sure we provide share-worthy experiences to riders and drivers that inspire them to tell their friends about Uber
- Know the numbers – drive the metrics we use to evaluate ‘comm ops’, including speed, efficiency, quality, and thoroughness
- Represent the customer’s voice – be a critical thought partner to operations and product leaders in developing a best in class experience to the customer
Who You Are
- Proven business leader with 7+ years of experience running business units and scaling support organizations
- An entrepreneur; act like an owner and make decisions as such
- Highly analytical
- Have demonstrated record of success in building innovative defect and contact reducing programs
- Excited to move fast and challenge assumptions in an entrepreneurial environment
- Demonstrated success in data-driven organizations and technology companies
- Success building and mentoring other managers
- Obsessed with Uber and moving people in all senses of the word
- MBA or graduate degree strongly preferred
- Employees are showered with Uber credits each month.
- Ground floor opportunity with the team; shape the strategic direction of the company
- The rare opportunity to change the world such that everyone around you is using the product you built. We’re not just another social web app, we’re moving real people and assets and reinventing transportation and logistics globally
- Sharp, motivated co-workers in a fun office environment
Meet Some of Uber's Employees
Community Management Specialist
Brian makes sure that every Uber user has an amazing experience. He troubleshoots roadblocks to customer happiness and also does outreach to attract new Uber users.
Back to top