Head of Centre of Excellence - Voronezh, Russia
Uber is looking for a big leader to drive the growth, efficiency and quality of our Customer support operations in Russia.
At Uber, providing amazing support that establishes trust for riders and driver partners—our community—is a core feature of our product experience. We invest in it and believe in providing the highest quality service executed in the smartest, most efficient way.
We’re looking for an exceptional Head of Centre of Excellence to build and develop our support operations across Russia. This will include a team of several hundred support representatives and dozens of people managers. Every team member will not only be providing world-class support to Uber users, but also participating in ongoing support experiments, including systems, new product, metrics, and escalations.
The right business leader is prepared to make tough, data-backed decisions in a high-stakes, high-speed, and highly visible environment. They are passionate about Uber, passionate about solutions, people and love getting in the weeds on any and all issues.
WHO YOU ARE
- Builder. You are up for the challenge of building the centre from scratch, from the facilities to the staff and then nurture that team and build the right culture
- An entrepreneur. You act like an owner and make decisions as such.
- A strategic and natural leader. You take charge when necessary, but can identify when to take a step back and let your team lead the way. You can build relationship and interact with stakeholders at an executive level
- Obsessed with Uber. You love Uber and moving people, in all senses of the word.
- Passionate. Growing and developing the service culture within our community is your mission.
- Analytical. You use data to get things done.
- Creative. You are a proven critical thinker.
- A role model. You lead by example.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
As the Community Operations Leader, you will report into the Head of Continental Europe for Comm Ops EMEA. You will be responsible for maintaining high quality service and profitability of the operation. Additional responsibilities include determining operational strategies, conducting needs assessments, conducting on-going performance reviews, capacity planning, and cost/benefit analyses. You will identify and evaluate state-of-the-art technologies, building systems and processes to deliver with hyper-efficiency.
It is critical that you ensure that both riders and driver partners receive high-quality, emotionally intelligent support. You will be building and motivating a team of leaders and managers, empathizing with the problems that riders and drivers face every day, and implementing solutions that strengthen trust of the brand in our communities. You are highly principled — driven by making an impact and doing the right thing. You are passionate, and above all, hyper-focused on converting users into loyal advocates for the brand. You will be building and managing an entrepreneurial, high-performing, and data-driven team that thrives on solving problems and eliminating the root cause of issues.
- Minimum 10 years of Operations leadership experience directing large teams.
- Manage a 100-200 person contact centre
- MBA or engineering graduate degree preferred.
- Strong planning and organizational skills, attention to detail.
- Outstanding interpersonal and stakeholder management skills.
- Exceptional verbal/written communication skills.
- Ability to handle multiple priorities and meet deadlines in stressful situations.
- Willing to relocate to Voronezh, Russia
- Employees are given Uber credits each month.
- Ground floor opportunity with the team; shape the strategic direction of the company.
- The rare opportunity to change the world such that everyone around you is using the product you built.
- We’re not just another social web app, we’re moving real people and assets and reinventing transportation and logistics globally.
- Sharp, motivated, hard-working co-workers in a fun office environment.
Meet Some of Uber's Employees
Community Management Specialist
Brian makes sure that every Uber user has an amazing experience. He troubleshoots roadblocks to customer happiness and also does outreach to attract new Uber users.
Back to top