Head of Business - UK
Uber is a technology company that is changing the way the world thinks about transportation. We are building technology people use everyday. Whether it's heading home from work, getting a meal delivered from a favorite restaurant, or a way to earn extra income, Uber is becoming part of the fabric of daily life.
We're making cities safer, smarter, and more connected. And we're doing it at a global scale-energizing local economies and bringing opportunity to millions of people around the world.
Uber's positive impact is tangible in the communities we operate in, and that drives us to keep moving forward.
As Head of Business - UK, you'll have the opportunity to join an ultra-high growth Silicon Valley startup and shape and deliver on a strategy to build mind share and broad usage of the Uber mobile app among tens of millions of consumers in the region.
Your responsibilities will include defining key market segments to target, and driving the necessary business relationships at the C-level with UK partners to:
accelerate growth in Uber riders;increase the supply of transport available on the Uber platform; and (3) establish partnerships that increase Uber's profitability.
You'll also work closely with the Uber product team in San Francisco to help evolve Uber's service and address issues, concerns, and requests from the field.
You should have a strong ability to think strategically and analytically about business and product opportunities, and a demonstrated track record of initiating and driving high-value partnerships with the largest and most important companies across the region, within the Internet and mobile spaces. A keen sense of ownership, speedy execution, and scrappiness is crucial. You should be familiar acting as an individual contributor / deal lead, as well as a manager that leads his/her team to drive an engagement.
- Serve as a key member of the Uber Business team in helping to drive overall market strategy
- Define the Uber UK partnership roadmap
- Set a strategic business development plan for UK target markets and ensure it's in line with the overall Uber strategic direction.
- Execute on Uber's top partnership opportunities in the UK region while working with key internal partners (e.g. product, engineering, operations, legal, etc.).
- Identify specific prospects/partners to approach and effectively communicate the specific value proposition for the partner's business and use case.
- Prepare and give business reviews to Uber senior management team regarding progress and roadblocks to increasing adoption of Uber by riders and transport partners.
- Handle a high volume of engagements and the fast pace of our company.
- 8+ years of business development experience in the UK.
- Experience with establishing, maintaining and bringing to bear C-level relationships at partner companies.
- Ability to fuse business, strategy, finance and legal concepts to lead complex, multi-faceted deals.
- Strong verbal and written communications skills are crucial, as well as leadership skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively across internal and external organizations.
- Extraordinary rolodex of senior relationships with business leaders across the UK's leading companies.
- MBA or JD from top university highly desired
- Prior experience working for a technology company
- Prior experience with business and corporate development activities at premier firms
What You'll Do / What You'll Need / Bonus Points / About the Team
- Employees are given Uber credits every month.
- The rare opportunity to change the way the world moves. We're not just another social web app, we're moving real people and assets and reinventing transportation and logistics globally.
- Smart, engaged co-workers.
Back to top