Head of Business Development, Mexico
Uber started out to solve a simple problem: the need to get a ride across town. Six years and one billion trips later, we’ve stumbled upon something a bit bigger: a new way to help tackle congestion—one of the most serious challenges cities face today.
Using technology, Uber makes it quick and easy for people headed in the same direction at the same time to share their journey. It’s carpooling at the press of a button. And by getting more people into fewer cars we’ve proven you can reduce congestion and pollution overtime. uberPOOL in Los Angeles, for example, cut the number of kilometers driven across town by 12.7 million and carbon dioxide pollution by 1,400 metric tons in just eight months.
Longer term, we’re optimistic that smartphone apps like Uber can also offer a real alternative to individual car ownership. After all, if you can press a button and get an affordable ride across town in minutes 24-hours a day, why bother to own a car? There is an alternative to a world that looks like a parking lot and moves like a traffic jam. Join Uber to help make that future possible.
As Head of Business Development, Mexico, you’ll have the opportunity to shape and deliver a strategy to scale usage of the Uber platform among hundreds of millions of consumers in the region.
Your responsibilities will include defining key market segments to target, and driving the necessary business relationships at the C-level with Mexican partners to: (1) accelerate growth in Uber riders; (2) increase the supply of transport available on the Uber platform; and (3) establish partnerships that increase Uber’s profitability.
The ideal candidate will have a strong ability to think strategically and analytically about business and product opportunities, and a demonstrated track record of initiating and driving high-value partnerships with the largest and most important companies across the region. A keen sense of ownership, speedy execution, and scrappiness is a must. The candidate is comfortable as an individual contributor / deal lead, as well as a manager that leads his/her team to drive an engagement.
- Serve as a key member of the Uber Business Development team in helping to drive overall market strategy
- Define the Uber Mexico partnership roadmap
- Set a strategic business development plan for Mexican target markets and ensure it’s in line with the overall Uber strategic direction.
- Execute on Uber’s top partnership opportunities in Mexico working with key internal stakeholders (e.g. product, engineering, operations, legal, etc.).
- Identify specific prospects/partners to approach and effectively communicate the specific value proposition for the partner’s business and use case.
- Prepare and give business reviews to Uber senior management team regarding progress and roadblocks to increasing adoption of Uber by riders and transport partners.
- Handle a high volume of engagements and the fast pace of our company.
- 5+ years of business development experience in Mexico
- Experience with establishing, maintaining and leveraging C-level relationships at partner companies
- Ability to fuse business, strategy, finance and legal concepts to lead complex, multi-faceted deals
- Deep experience working with technology companies
- Strong verbal and written communications skills are a must, as well as leadership skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively across internal and external organizations.
- Business level or higher fluency in English and Spanish is a must.
- Extraordinary rolodex of senior relationships with business leaders across Mexico’s leading Internet and mobile companies
- MBA or JD from top university highly desired
- Prior experience working for a technology company
- Experience with corporate development activities
- Employees are given Uber credits every month.
- Ground floor opportunity with the team; shape the strategic direction of the company.
- The rare opportunity to change the world such that everyone around you is using the product you built. We’re not just another social web app, we’re moving real people and assets and reinventing transportation and logistics globally.
- Sharp, motivated co-workers in a fun office environment.
Meet Some of Uber's Employees
Community Management Specialist
Brian makes sure that every Uber user has an amazing experience. He troubleshoots roadblocks to customer happiness and also does outreach to attract new Uber users.
Back to top