Head of Business Development, Mexico
Uber is a technology company that is changing the way the world thinks about transportation. We are building technology people use everyday. Whether it’s heading home from work, getting a meal delivered from a favorite restaurant, or a way to earn extra income, Uber is becoming part of the fabric of daily life.
We’re making cities safer, smarter, and more connected. And we’re doing it at a global scale-energizing local economies and bringing opportunity to millions of people around the world.
Uber’s positive impact is tangible in the communities we operate in, and that drives us to keep moving forward.
As Head of Business Development, Mexico, you’ll have the opportunity to shape and deliver a plan to scale usage of the Uber platform among hundreds of millions of consumers in the region.
Your responsibilities will include defining key market segments to target, and driving the necessary business relationships at the C-level with Mexican partners to: (1) accelerate growth in Uber riders; (2) increase the supply of transport available on the Uber platform; and (3) establish partnerships that increase Uber’s profitability.
You have an excellent ability to think strategically and analytically about business opportunities, and a demonstrated portfolio of accomplishments initiating and driving high-value partnerships with large, important institutions across the region, within business and governmental sectors. A keen sense of responsibility, speedy execution, and initiative is needed. You are comfortable as an individual contributor / deal lead, as well as a manager that leads your team to drive an engagement.
What you’ll do
- Serve as a key member of the Uber Business Development team in helping to drive the overall market plan
- Define the Uber Mexico partnership roadmap
- Set a strategic business development plan for Mexican target markets and ensure it’s in line with the overall Uber strategic direction.
- Execute on Uber’s top partnership opportunities in Mexico working with key internal stakeholders (e.g. product, engineering, operations, legal, etc.).
- Identify specific prospects/partners to approach and effectively communicate the specific value proposition for the partner’s business and use case.
- Prepare and give business reviews to Uber senior management team regarding progress and roadblocks to increasing adoption of Uber by riders and transport partners.
- Handle a high volume of engagements and the fast pace of our company.
What you’ll need
- At least 5 years of business development experience in Mexico
- Experience with establishing, maintaining and leveraging C-level relationships at partner companies
- Ability to fuse business, strategy, finance and legal concepts to lead complex, multi-faceted deals
- Deep experience working with technology companies
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills, as well as leadership skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively across internal and external organizations.
- Business level or higher Spanish is a must.
- Extensive senior relationships with business leaders across Mexico’s leading Internet and mobile companies
- MBA or JD highly desired
- Prior experience working for a technology company
- Experience with company development activities
Uber is an equal opportunity employer and enthusiastically encourages people from a wide variety of backgrounds and experiences to apply. Uber does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), gender, national origin, citizenship, age, mental or physical disability, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or any other basis prohibited by law.
Meet Some of Uber's Employees
Community Management Specialist
Brian makes sure that every Uber user has an amazing experience. He troubleshoots roadblocks to customer happiness and also does outreach to attract new Uber users.
Back to top