Head of Business Development
Do you want to be part of a team that’s revolutionizing transportation and logistics through technology?
Do you have the business savvy and deal-making experience to help further establish Uber as the leading consumer brand that is changing the logistical fabric of cities around the world?
As Head of Business Development, India, you’ll have the opportunity to join an ultra-high growth Silicon Valley startup and shape and deliver on a strategy to build mind share and broad usage of Uber services among hundreds of millions of consumers in the region.
Your responsibilities will include crafting the business development strategy for the region and then cultivating, executing, and maintaining the necessary relationships with regional executive-level stakeholders to:
- Accelerate adoption and growth of Uber users
- Grow the supply of transportation and quality of services available on the Uber platform
- Increase Uber’s overall scale and improve its profitability
As India’s Head of Business Development, you’ll also work closely with the Uber’s city-level operations, corporate development, government relations, policy, communications and product teams in the Region and in San Francisco to help evolve Uber’s service and address issues, concerns, and requests from the field.
The strongest candidates will have a demonstrated ability to think strategically and analytically about business and product opportunities, and a clear track record of initiating and driving high-value partnerships with the largest and most important companies across the region. Individuals should display keen sense of ownership, speedy execution, and a scrappiness to get things done. The candidate should be comfortable working as an individual contributor / deal lead as well as a manager that leads his/her team to drive impact.
- Serve as a key member of the Uber Business Development team in Asia Pacific
- Assess the current landscape and create a strategic business development roadmap to grow and accelerate Uber’s business in India inline with the overall Uber strategic direction
- Build, manage and grow the Uber India Business Development team
- Leverage professional network to source, shape, close, and maintain high-impact strategic deals and partnerships with critical institutions
- Execute on Uber’s top partnership opportunities in the region to broaden usage of the Uber app among hundreds of millions of consumers in India
- Partner with key internal stakeholders (e.g. policy, communications, product, engineering, operations, legal, etc.).
- Prepare and give business reviews to Uber senior management regarding progress against KPIs
- Skillfully manage multiple projects while embracing the fast pace of our company
- ~15-20+ years of business development or relevant experience in India
- Extraordinary rolodex of senior relationships with leaders across the region’s leading companies and government entities, and an ability to leverage them to create shared-value
- Ability to fuse business, strategy, finance, policy and legal concepts to lead complex, multi-faceted deals
- Management experience of leading a team of at least 5 to 10 employees
- Strong verbal and written communications skills, as well as leadership skills
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively across internal and external organizations, within India and globally
- Ability to influence others without exerting direct authority
- Strong code of ethics and sound business judgment
- Outstanding presence and communication skills in English is a must
- MBA or JD from top university highly desired
- Prior experience working for a technology company
- Experience with corporate development activities
- Employees receive free and discounted Uber rides every month.
- Ground floor opportunity with the team; shape the strategic direction of the company.
- The rare opportunity to change the world such that everyone around you is using the product you built. We’re not just another social web app, we’re moving real people and assets and reinventing transportation and logistics globally.
- Sharp, motivated co-workers in a fun office environment.
Meet Some of Uber's Employees
Community Management Specialist
Brian makes sure that every Uber user has an amazing experience. He troubleshoots roadblocks to customer happiness and also does outreach to attract new Uber users.
Back to top