Head of Business Development - APAC (exChina & India)
Uber is a technology company that is changing the way the world thinks about transportation. We are building technology people use everyday. Whether it's heading home from work, getting a meal delivered from a favorite restaurant, or a way to earn extra income, Uber is becoming part of the fabric of daily life.
We're making cities safer, smarter, and more connected. And we're doing it at a global scale-energizing local economies and bringing opportunity to millions of people around the world.
Uber's positive impact is tangible in the communities we operate in, and that drives us to keep moving forward.
As Head of Business Development for SE Asia and ANZ, you'll have the opportunity to join a fast-growing startup and craft and deliver on a plan to develop and broaden usage of the Uber app among hundreds of millions of consumers in Southeast Asia, Australia, and New Zealand as well as in Hong Kong, Taiwan, and Macau.
Your responsibilities will include crafting the business development plan for the region and then cultivating the necessary relationships with regional partners to: (1) accelerate growth in Uber users; (2) increase the supply of transportation available on the Uber platform; and (3) establish partnerships that increase Uber's profitability.
You will demonstrate your business development networks and strategically support government relations, policy, and company development's local efforts while working closely with regional and HQ teams. You'll also work collaboratively with the Uber product team in San Francisco to help evolve Uber's service and address issues, concerns, and requests from the field.
You have an excellent ability to think strategically and analytically about business opportunities, and a demonstrated portfolio of accomplishments initiating and driving high-value partnerships with large, important institutions across the region, within business and governmental sectors. A keen sense of responsibility, speedy execution, and initiative is needed. You are comfortable as an individual contributor / deal lead, as well as a manager that leads your team to drive an engagement.
What you'll do
- Serve as a key member of the Uber Business Development team in helping to drive the overall market plan.
- Define our partnership roadmap in SEA and ANZ, as well as in Hong Kong, Taiwan, and Macau.
- Develop and execute a strategic business development plan for this region's target markets and ensure it's in line with the overall Uber strategic direction.
- Develop a team of business development professionals
- Execute on Uber's top partnership opportunities in region while working with key internal partners (e.g. product, engineering, operations, legal, etc.).
- Identify specific prospects/partners to approach and effectively communicate the specific value proposition for the partner's business and use case.
- Prepare and give business reviews to Uber senior management team regarding progress and roadblocks to increasing adoption of Uber by riders and transport partners.
- Handle a high volume of engagements and the fast pace of our company.
What you'll need
- Relevant experience in key markets, e.g. Singapore, Indonesia, Philippines, Thailand, Malaysia, Australia, New Zealand, Hong Kong, Taiwan, Vietnam, and Macau.
- At least 15 years of experience driving business development/partnerships (as defined in the responsibilities above in relation to partnerships). Additional experience related to government relations/company development will also be considered.
- Ability to fuse business, strategy, finance and legal concepts to lead complex, multi-faceted deals.
- Experience with establishing, maintaining and demonstrating C-level relationships at partner companies.
- Oversight experience of leading a team of at least 5 to 10 employees.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills are a requirement, as well as leadership skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively across internal and external organizations.
- Business level or higher communication skills in English.
- Extensive senior relationships with business leaders across Asia's leading Internet and mobile companies.
- MBA or JD preferred.
- Prior experience working for a technology company.
- Experience with high-level government officials and company development.
- Employees are given a number of Uber rides every month.
- The rare opportunity to change the way the world moves. We're not just another social web app, we're moving real people and assets and reinventing transportation and logistics globally.
- Smart, engaged co-workers.
Uber is an equal opportunity employer and enthusiastically encourages people from a wide variety of backgrounds and experiences to apply. Uber does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), gender, national origin, citizenship, age, mental or physical disability, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or any other basis prohibited by law.
Meet Some of Uber's Employees
Community Management Specialist
Brian makes sure that every Uber user has an amazing experience. He troubleshoots roadblocks to customer happiness and also does outreach to attract new Uber users.
Back to top