Head of Business Development - APAC (exChina & India)
UberUber is a Series F venture-funded startup headquartered in San Francisco, California. We are a global mobility and logistics technology platform: our flagship service allows users to request quality, on-demand rides with a touch of their smartphone but we are rapidly developing new products. We are present in over 400+ cities worldwide, including over 70+ cities in Asia with plans to rapidly expand in the region.
Our technology allows us to move the physical world: We believe that, through innovation and entrepreneurship, we can have a meaningful impact on cities around the world.
Do you want to be part of a team that’s revolutionizing transportation and logistics through technology? Do you have the business savvy and deal-making experience to help further establish Uber as the leading consumer brand that is changing the logistical fabric of cities around the world?
As Head of Business Development for SE Asia and ANZ, you’ll have the opportunity to join an ultra-high growth Silicon Valley startup and shape and deliver on a strategy to build and broaden usage of the Uber app among hundreds of millions of consumers in Southeast Asia, Australia, and New Zealand as well as in Hong Kong, Taiwan, and Macau.
Your responsibilities will include crafting the business development strategy for the region and then cultivating the necessary relationships with regional stakeholders to: (1) accelerate growth in Uber users; (2) increase the supply of transportation available on the Uber platform; and (3) establish partnerships that increase Uber’s profitability.
You will leverage your business development networks and strategically support government relations, policy, and corporate development’s local efforts while working closely with regional and HQ teams. You’ll also work collaboratively with the Uber product team in San Francisco to help evolve Uber’s service and address issues, concerns, and requests from the field.
The ideal candidate will have a strong ability to think strategically and analytically about business and product opportunities, and a demonstrated track record of initiating and driving high-value partnerships with the largest and most important companies across the region. A keen sense of ownership, speedy execution, and scrappiness is a must. The candidate should be comfortable as both an individual contributor / deal lead, as well as a manager that leads a team.
- Serve as a key member of the Uber Business Development team in helping to drive overall market strategy.
- Define our partnership roadmap in SEA and ANZ, as well as in Hong Kong, Taiwan, and Macau.
- Develop and execute a strategic business development plan for this region’s target markets and ensure it’s in line with the overall Uber strategic direction.
- Manage a team of business development professionals
- Execute on Uber’s top partnership opportunities in region while working with key internal stakeholders (e.g. product, engineering, operations, legal, etc.).
- Identify specific prospects/partners to approach and effectively communicate the specific value proposition for the partner’s business and use case.
- Prepare and give business reviews to Uber senior management team regarding progress and roadblocks to increasing adoption of Uber by riders and transport partners.
- Handle a high volume of engagements and the fast pace of our company.
- Relevant experience in key markets, e.g. Singapore, Indonesia, Philippines, Thailand, Malaysia, Australia, New Zealand, Hong Kong, Taiwan, Vietnam, and Macau.
- 15+ years of experience driving business development/partnerships (as defined in the responsibilities above in relation to partnerships). Additional experience related to government relations/corporate development will also be considered.
- Ability to fuse business, strategy, finance and legal concepts to lead complex, multi-faceted deals.
- Experience with establishing, maintaining and leveraging C-level relationships at partner companies.
- Management experience of leading a team of at least 5 to 10 employees.
- Strong verbal and written communications skills are a must, as well as leadership skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively across internal and external organizations.
- Business level or higher communication skills in English as must.
- Extraordinary rolodex of senior relationships with business leaders across Asia’s leading Internet and mobile companies.
- MBA or JD from top university highly desired.
- Prior experience working for a technology company.
- Experience with high-level government officials and corporate development.
- Employees are showered with Uber credits each month.
- The rare opportunity to change the world such that everyone around you is using the product you built. We’re not just another social web app, we’re moving real people and assets and reinventing transportation and logistics globally.
- Sharp, motivated co-workers in a fun office environment.
Meet Some of Uber's Employees
Community Management Specialist
Brian makes sure that every Uber user has an amazing experience. He troubleshoots roadblocks to customer happiness and also does outreach to attract new Uber users.
Back to top