Head of Business - Central and Eastern Europe
Do you want to be part of a team that's revolutionizing transportation and logistics through technology? Do you have the business savvy and deal-making experience across Central and Eastern Europe to help further establish Uber as the leading consumer brand for on demand transportation across the region?
As Head of Business - Central and Eastern Europe, you'll have the opportunity to join an ultra-high growth Silicon Valley company and shape and deliver on a strategy to build mind share and broad usage of the Uber mobile app among tens of millions of consumers in the region.
Your responsibilities will include defining key market segments to target, and driving the necessary business relationships at the C-level with partners to: (1) accelerate growth in Uber riders; (2) increase the supply of transport available on the Uber platform; and (3) establish partnerships that increase Uber's profitability.
You'll also work closely with the Uber product team in San Francisco to help evolve Uber's service and address issues, concerns, and requests from the field.
The ideal candidate will have deep background doing business in Ukraine and Poland, a strong ability to think strategically and analytically about business and product opportunities, and a demonstrated track record of initiating and driving high-value partnerships with the largest and most important companies across the region, within the Internet and mobile spaces. A keen sense of ownership, speedy execution, and scrappiness is a must. The candidate is comfortable as an individual contributor / deal lead, as well as a manager that leads his/her team to drive an engagement.
- Serve as a key member of the Uber Business team in helping to drive overall market strategy
- Define the Uber Central and Eastern Europe partnership roadmap with a focus on Ukraine and Poland
- Set a strategic business development plan for Central and Eastern Europe and target markets and ensure it's in line with the overall Uber strategic direction.
- Execute on Uber's top partnership opportunities in the region while working with key internal stakeholders (e.g. product, engineering, operations, legal, etc.).
- Identify specific prospects/partners to approach and effectively communicate the specific value proposition for the partner's business and use case.
- Prepare and give business reviews to Uber senior management team regarding progress and roadblocks to increasing adoption of Uber by riders and transport partners.
- Handle a high volume of engagements and the fast pace of our company.
- 8 to 10 years of business development experience in Central and Eastern Europe.
- Experience establishing, maintaining and leveraging C-level relationships at partner companies.
- Ability to fuse business, strategy, finance and legal concepts to lead complex, multi-faceted deals.
- Fluency in verbal and written Polish, Russian and English is a must.
- Strong verbal and written communications skills are a must, as well as leadership skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively across internal and external organizations.
- Extraordinary rolodex of senior relationships with business leaders across the Central and Eastern Europe 's leading companies.
- MBA from top university highly desired
- Prior experience working for a technology company
- Prior experience with business and corporate development activities at top tier firms
Meet Some of Uber's Employees
Community Management Specialist
Brian makes sure that every Uber user has an amazing experience. He troubleshoots roadblocks to customer happiness and also does outreach to attract new Uber users.
Back to top