Head of Autonomous Infrastructure Security
Uber’s Security team works to ensure the security of all private, personal and payment information for our full set of users – riders, drivers and partners. Our ultimate goal is to ensure that every single experience with Uber is simple, secure, and safe.
We are seeking a senior leader to join our Security Operations team at Uber HQ in San Francisco. Security Operations (SecOps) provides program and project management support for large, cross functional, high-priority initiatives essential to the success of the Engineering Security mission. The Head of Autonomous Infrastructure Security will play a key role throughout the planning, development, and delivery of Uber’s autonomous services, including interfacing directly with Uber’s executive leadership team.
WHO YOU ARE:
You are a pioneer. You have both the knowledge and the imagination requisite to create a roadmap towards a brilliant future. After establishing the roadmap, you are ready to race against the clock to get it built. Whilst strong in developing products, you are equally adept at forming relationships across internal and external teams. You are valued as a builder, a partner, and an expert in the art and application of information security.
WHAT YOU’LL BE DOING:
You’ll be working at the frontier of security, building defenses for new services of exceptional technical complexity, that are anticipated to deploy at extraordinary scale and speed. You will be challenged every day.
- Provide subject matter expertise to the executive team
- Build and support the security roadmap for autonomous enterprise security
- Partner with the autonomous car security team and other teams
- Serve as trusted partner for the autonomous enterprise security program
- Manage performance against objectives and ensure delivery of key results
- Engage with internal and external stakeholders
HERE ARE THE KINDS OF SKILLS WE’RE LOOKING FOR:
- 5+ years hands-on security experience
- Detailed knowledge of information security, business operations, and software engineering
- Previous programming experience and comfort whiteboarding technical architectures
- Ability to design and articulate creative solutions to complex security problems
BONUS POINTS IF YOU HAVE:
- Understanding of and experience with the automotive industry
- Advanced knowledge of autonomy research
- Entrepreneurial experience
- Employees are given Uber credits every month.
- The rare opportunity to change the world such that everyone around you is using the product you built. We’re not just another social web app, we’re moving real people and assets and reinventing transportation and logistics globally.
- Sharp, motivated co-workers in a fun office environment.
- 401(k) plan, gym reimbursement, ten paid company holidays.
- Full medical/dental/vision package to fit your needs.
- Unlimited vacation policy; work hard and take time when you need it.
Meet Some of Uber's Employees
Community Management Specialist
Brian makes sure that every Uber user has an amazing experience. He troubleshoots roadblocks to customer happiness and also does outreach to attract new Uber users.
Back to top