Head of Accounting, Philippines
Why Uber? Because you want to join a company that’s massively growing and support a cutting edge, high tech, online, data driven, mobile enabled business.
Uber’s accounting team is responsible for financial and month and year end closing, reporting and compliance, as well as statutory tax and audit, and all related policies and procedures.
As an Accounting Manager, Philippines, you’ll be responsible for owning the general ledger, building requirements and creating processes that can work without you. You’re the gatekeeper! The lines aren’t drawn yet – you get to be involved in defining the boundaries, process implementation and the roll out of policies and procedures. We’re not looking for bean counters, we’re looking for more – thinkers, doers and builders.
This isn’t an outside the box role; it’s a build the box role where you’ll always be thinking – is this scalable?
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
- Financial Accounting and Reporting
- Ensure appropriate recognition and timely recording of revenue and revenue related costs for onshore revenue transactions, including vehicle financing / leasing
- Work closely with the Global Revenue Team to ensure that new products/lines of business are appropriately assessed and recognition is in line with global policy
- Perform or oversee tasks related to month and quarter-end close for the assigned entities (primarily focused on Philippine entities/subsidiaries and Vehicle Financing/Leasing entities), including reviewing journal entries and reconciling balance sheet accounts as may be required to support the APAC Financial Close and Reporting team
- Assist in the development of monthly and quarterly reporting for the assigned entities
- Own the cash management function for the assigned entities, overseeing bank integration and bank reconciliations.
- Gather business requirements and design processes to help scale the business.
- Support the entity, regional, and global monthly consolidation process ensuring reconciliation and elimination of intra-company/inter-company balances.
- Work with the entire accounting team on redesigning the close process to streamline and shorten the close.
- Other tasks that may be assigned by the APAC Controller to support the APAC Financial Close and Reporting team
- Controls and Compliance
- To work closely with the APAC Controls and Compliance Manager, to develop/review and implement policies, standards and guidelines relating to the statutory and tax compliance of the assigned entities
- To manage and track the overall performance of the external consultants/compliance partners to ensure that all regulatory compliance requirements are completed timely and accurately (this includes the review of work completed by the external consultants/compliance partners
- To actively engage the APAC Controls and Compliance Manager, and where required, Legal, Tax, Treasury, and other Functions in the process of understanding and interpreting the regulatory requirements, identifying areas of gaps and mitigating actions
- Work with the relevant stakeholders in establishing processes and in promoting a culture that ensures compliance with regulatory requirements
- To carry out ad-hoc tasks/projects as requested by the APAC Controls and Compliance Manager and/or Internal Audit
- To keep abreast of the global and local developments in laws and regulations affecting Uber business
- Work directly with external auditors during the financial statement audit as needed and support local compliance requests and statutory audits.
WHAT YOU’LL NEED:
- 8+ years progressive experience in public accounting and industry
- 3-4 years of management experience
- CPA or Chartered Accountant preferred
- Prior hands on experience with consolidations inside a complex legal entity structure with foreign subsidiaries
- The ability to meet deadlines, and to efficiently interact with various groups across the company as well as outside of the company
- A strong understanding of fundamental accounting concepts and general knowledge of tax
- Hands-on, strong work ethic and can-do attitude
- Ability to multi-task, be agile and work well in a dynamic environment
- Proven ability to implement continuous process improvements
- Prior Oracle experience
Meet Some of Uber's Employees
Community Management Specialist
Brian makes sure that every Uber user has an amazing experience. He troubleshoots roadblocks to customer happiness and also does outreach to attract new Uber users.
Back to top