Head- Acquisitions Marketing
Uber is a technology company that is changing the way the world thinks about transportation. We are building technology people use everyday. Whether it's heading home from work, getting a meal delivered from a favorite restaurant, or a way to earn extra income, Uber is becoming part of the fabric of daily life.
We're making cities safer, smarter, and more connected. And we're doing it at a global scale-energizing local economies and bringing opportunity to millions of people around the world.
Uber's positive impact is tangible in the communities we operate in, and that drives us to keep moving forward.
The Acquisition Marketing Head is responsible for driving the new Riders and Drivers acquisition marketing strategy and execution.
S/he must be motivated by hitting and exceeding First Trip growth and ROI targets.The position demands strong analytical, planning and multi-tasking skills to achieve business objectives, as well as a keen marketing sense to maximise resonance with target audiences.
The ideal candidate is a team player who can work in a matrixed regional/country organisation, is passionate about growing and engaging our community of Riders, and Drivers and can effortlessly switch back and forth between planning & execution.
What you'll do
- You will build (annually) and refresh (quarterly) the country Driver and Rider acquisition go-to-market plan, including the evergreen channel mix and episodic campaign flights, based on the country GM's total and first trip growth targets and budgets.
- You will leverage market research and audience insights to think creatively about segmenting, targeting and reaching potential customers with the appropriate channels and messages, and ensure creative validation through testing.
- You will surface opportunities and suggest new digital channels, submit bottom-up and execute top-down online tests, localise messages and creatives for local relevance, track performance to spot optimisation opportunities. You will lead the incubation and execution of local greenfield digital channels and partnerships.
- You will lead offline acquisitions, focusing on high-impact tests and scaling across above- and below-the-line channels with a view to integrate winning channels into your always-on strategy (e.g. radio, press, out of home, direct mail, feet on the street…).
- You will work closely with the country marketing brand & campaigns teams to ensure acquisition channels are properly leveraged into integrated marketing campaigns.
- You will track and report on Performance KPIs across all acquisition channels to optimise ROI, including highlighting potential investment tradeoffs between all CPA-based activities (Paid Marketing, Partnerships/Co-marketing, Referrals, Promotions…).
- You will work collaboratively and cross-functionally with the local and regional Marketing and Ops groups to ensure successful execution of marketing programs as one team.
- You will handle the acquisition marketing team across all channels (online and offline).
What you'll need
- A minimumexperince of 10+ years, including team management experience
- Experience in driving fast user growth for a direct-to-consumer or large scale B2B SME online subscription product/service.
- Shown, successful track record in acquisitions marketing online and offline, nurturing and conversion, while working against bold CPA and revenue goals.
- High proficiency in planning, budgeting and multichannel ROI optimisation supported by extraordinary analytical skills.
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize, self-start, contribute and meet tight deadlines.
- Highly organized, creative and critical thinker.
- Understanding of the local digital and offline media landscape.
- Comfortable working in an entrepreneurial environment.
- Advanced written and verbal communication skills.
- Employees are given Uber credits every month.
- Ground floor opportunity with the team: shape the strategic direction of the company
- Rare opportunity to change the world such that everyone around you is using the product you built. We're not just another app, we're moving tech as well as real people and assets, and reinventing transportation and logistics globally
- Sharp, super motivated co-workers in a fun office environment
Meet Some of Uber's Employees
Community Management Specialist
Brian makes sure that every Uber user has an amazing experience. He troubleshoots roadblocks to customer happiness and also does outreach to attract new Uber users.
Back to top