Hardware Engineer - New Grad
Uber ATC is the Pittsburgh division of the Uber Engineering Team; a culture of opportunities marked by fearlessness and hyperproductivity. We focus on the development of key long-term technologies that advance Uber's mission of bringing safe, reliable transportation to everyone, everywhere. Our research is primarily in the areas of mapping, vehicle safety, and autonomy. Despite being a new division within the company, our team is comprised of world-renowned researchers with decades of experience. We're looking for fantastic Interns who can work harder, faster, and smarter without sacrificing technical excellence and be part of this dynamic team. Our organizational challenges are unique, so you should be comfortable in uncharted territory and pumped to build systems that will become world changing for cities of 100,000 and 10 million people alike.
As a hardware engineering, you'll have a direct impact on the development of cutting edge technologies in the fields of computer vision, machine learning, vehicle control, embedded system, sensors, and cluster computing. The work you will do will be tested and deployed on real systems, in real-world conditions.The experience you will gain will be unique and unmatched. Do you dream about changing the world using your passion for science and engineering? Then you should apply to join our team. We are visionaries, engaged and excited about disrupting the transportation industry across the world. We are moving real assets and real people around their cities. Our research today, will make this process safer and more efficient now and in the decades to come.
Here are the kinds of skills we're looking for:
- Fast learner. We're looking for engineers who flourish by applying their knowledge, learning new technologies and don't believe in one-size-fits-all solutions. You should be able to adapt easily to meet the rapid pace of a rapidly evolving research, development, and testing environment. You have advanced knowledge in hardware design and eagerness to learn techniques in the fields of computer vision, machine learning, planning, control, and sensors.
- Fearlessness. You think a working proof-of-concept is the best way to make a point. You strive on validating that speed and quality are not conflicting; that you can achieve both at the same time.
- Versatility. In addition to having an intimate knowledge of core engineering fields, you understand how all the pieces fit together into integrated systems, and how they impact performance.
- Passion. You feel ownership over everything you ship; you'd never consider a design "released" until you're confident it's correct. You pride yourself on strong documentation.
- A team player. You believe that you can achieve more on a team — that the whole is greater than the sum of its parts. You rely on others' candid feedback for continuous improvement.
- Design and an eye for business. You understand requirements beyond the written word and how your technical contributions will influence the viability of future products. Whether you're working on a software tool, a sensor to be retrofitted on a test vehicle, or a printed circuit to be mass produced, the other members of the team can depend on the quality of your work to rapidly advance our goals.
Meet Some of Uber's Employees
Community Management Specialist
Brian makes sure that every Uber user has an amazing experience. He troubleshoots roadblocks to customer happiness and also does outreach to attract new Uber users.
Back to top