Growth Marketing Analyst, UberEATS
We're changing the way people think about transportation. Not that long ago we were just an app to request premium black cars in a few metropolitan areas. Now we're a part of the logistical fabric of more than 600 cities around the world. Whether it's a ride, a sandwich, or a package, we use technology to give people what they want, when they want it.
For the people who drive with Uber, our app represents a flexible new way to earn money. For cities, we help strengthen local economies, improve access to transportation, and make streets safer.
And that's just what we're doing today. We're thinking about the future, too. With teams working on autonomous trucking and self-driving cars, we're in for the long haul. We're reimagining how people and things move from one place to the next.
About the Role
We're looking for a Marketing Analyst on our UberEATS Performance Marketing team to provide data expertise as we collectively drive growth and enhance user engagement. The right person for this role possesses a passion for improving techniques, processes, tracking, analytical insights, predictive modeling and technology used by marketing to achieve our aggressive supply and demand growth goals. This person will help address the complex challenges of marketing effectiveness, ROI, optimization strategies, rider behavior and channel effectiveness.
As an early member of growth marketing analytics in UberEATS, you will also help define the way marketing performance is calibrated and define what questions should be asked. You'll play a big part in finding opportunity fields to help the marketing function scale as we develop acquisition, retention and partnerships arms. Since Marketing Analytics is part of our broader Growth Team, you will interact closely with team members in HQ to develop product features, drive tests, and align metrics and participate in events on a global scale.
You will offer a strong marketing-driven data perspective while working closely with design, product and engineering. You will be on the cutting edge of analysis, leveraging our data sources to propose new ideas and drive key strategic decisions through both offline and online efforts.
What You'll Do / What You'll Need / Bonus Points / About the Team
What You'll Do
- Mine data and analytics at the driver and rider level to gain a better understanding of their funnel and engagement behaviors, including impacts of current marketing strategies
- Be a key partner on performance marketing team. Participate in project planning, prioritization and stakeholder meetings etc.
- Determine the proper metrics for tracking current and future experiments
- Develop dashboards that provide insights and visualization into channel performance relative to KPIs, projections, and historical performance
- Implement and analyze A/B or Multivariate Tests to provide in-depth insights to the marketing team on the test data and understanding of marketing drivers' effects
- Present findings to senior management to drive business and marketing decisions
- Use tools such as Excel, MixPanel, R, Python to work efficiently at scale
What You'll Need
- BS/MS in Engineering, Computer Science, Math, Economics, Statistics, or equivalent experience
- Minimum 3 years of analytical and database experience
- Strong SQL skills
- Proficiency with multiple analytic and database tools common within a marketing organization (e.g., MixPanel, Tableau etc.)
- Strong data visualization skills
- Balance attention to detail with swift execution
- Hustle is essential, moving quickly and executing to allow for continual iteration is a core competency of our team
Bonus Points If
- Marketing analytics or consulting experience
- Experience creating dashboard reporting in R, Shiny or a similar visualization tool a plus.
Back to top