Group Product Manager - UberEverything
We're changing the way people think about transportation. Not that long ago we were just an app to request premium black cars in a few metropolitan areas. Now we're a part of the logistical fabric of more than 600 cities around the world. Whether it's a ride, a sandwich, or a package, we use technology to give people what they want, when they want it.
For the people who drive with Uber, our app represents a flexible new way to earn money. For cities, we help strengthen local economies, improve access to transportation, and make streets safer.
And that's just what we're doing today. We're thinking about the future, too. With teams working on autonomous trucking and self-driving cars, we're in for the long haul. We're reimagining how people and things move from one place to the next.
As Group Product Manager for UberEverything, you will be responsible for multiple program teams including overall metrics and business impact. You will hire and grow a team of Product Managers into strong leaders and help your programs shape their objectives, critical metrics and roadmaps. You will be a product leader within UberEverything, helping lead the creation of Uber's next set of businesses.
Qualifications and Requirements
- Minimum 8+ years experience delivering highly successful and innovative products with your fingerprints all over them — and you're deeply proud of what you've accomplished
- Passion for people management. You have deep experience leading teams of PMs. You are passionate about coaching, mentoring and making great PMs even better
- Computer science undergraduate degree or equivalent, ideally including hands-on software engineering experience. Technical understanding must go from the highest abstractions down to the metal
- Focused on building businesses, not features. Entrepreneurial experience building and leading businesses, including ownership and optimization of business performance metrics
- Finger-tippiness with data. You find a way to get the data you need and whip it into an insightful story with no help. You know how to leverage this data to make decisions without getting stuck in analysis paralysis.
- Customer passionate: You take on complex product challenges and simplify them to avoid making them our users and partner's problems
- "Driver" personality. You are biased toward action, a great collaborator, a master disambiguator/simplifier, and constantly pushing toward clarity and delivery
- High bar across the board — from your own contributions, to the people you work with, to the products you work on
- True passion for Uber's mission, our products, and the company's hybrid technology/operations nature
- Never-ending desire to grow and learn
Back to top