Group Product Manager - Advanced Technologies Group / ATG - Simulation
We're changing the way people think about transportation. Not that long ago we were just an app to request premium black cars in a few metropolitan areas. Now we're a part of the logistical fabric of more than 600 cities around the world. Whether it's a ride, a sandwich, or a package, we use technology to give people what they want, when they want it.
For the people who drive with Uber, our app represents a flexible new way to earn money. For cities, we help strengthen local economies, improve access to transportation, and make streets safer.
And that's just what we're doing today. We're thinking about the future, too. With teams working on autonomous trucking and self-driving cars, we're in for the long haul. We're reimagining how people and things move from one place to the next.
About the Role
At Uber ATG, we employ a variety of testing methodologies to make our vehicles as safe as possible, and virtual simulation is a critical part of our strategy. As the Group Product Manager for Simulation, you will lead a team of product managers in working closely with engineers, data scientists, and designers to develop and scale software platforms that are critical towards launching the world's safest autonomous vehicles. You will be responsible for directing and delivering simulation tools and platforms that are relied upon by every engineer in the organization.
What You'll Do / What You'll Need / Bonus Points / About the Team
What You'll Do
- Own the vision for simulation at ATG, pursuing impact opportunities for simulation (software and algorithm modeling and development, functional safety analysis, vehicle hardware, sensor performance simulation as examples)
- Lead and recruit a product management team that builds intelligent tools around scenario discovery, playback, development, management, evaluation, and analytics as well as platforms for the simulation engine, metrics, and infrastructure
- Expand the breadth and depth of our end-to-end system testing, and align that testing with customer requirements and product development plans
- Synthesize the outputs of simulations to guide autonomy software development
- Bring ATG's thought leadership to the industry on how simulation is involved in the safety case for self-driving vehicles
What You'll Need
- Experience building simulation software
- Computer science undergraduate degree or equivalent
- Minimum 8 years product management experience delivering highly successful, innovative, and delightful software products
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills, with experience leading presentations to executives and large groups of people
- Experience leading, recruiting, and mentoring teams of product managers
- Experience with a variety of development processes, including agile / lean startup
- Deep passion for Uber's mission and self-driving vehicles
Bonus Points If
- Simulation experience for autonomous systems of any kind
- Masters or PhD in computer science or equivalent field
- Experience building highly scalable cloud-based platforms
- Experience building machine learning based products
- Professional experience as a software engineer
About the Team
Self-driving vehicles have the potential to make our roads safer, more connected, and less congested. At Uber ATG, we are building the technologies, teams, and products to bring these benefits to the world.
Back to top