Group Product Manager - AdTech
We're changing the way people think about transportation. Not that long ago we were just an app to request premium black cars in a few metropolitan areas. Now we're a part of the logistical fabric of more than 600 cities around the world. Whether it's a ride, a sandwich, or a package, we use technology to give people what they want, when they want it.
For the people who drive with Uber, our app represents a flexible new way to earn money. For cities, we help strengthen local economies, improve access to transportation, and make streets safer.
And that's just what we're doing today. We're thinking about the future, too. With teams working on autonomous trucking and self-driving cars, we're in for the long haul. We're reimagining how people and things move from one place to the next.
About the Role
Uber is a technology company that is changing the way the world thinks about transportation. Like our business, our data storage and analytics needs have also followed the same "up-and-to-the-right" curve.
As a Group Product Leader on the AdTech team, you will help define vision, strategy and roadmap for measurement, attribution, fraud, brand safety, targeting, personalization and various other products. You will work closely with world-class Engineering teams, Product Managers, Marketing, Operations, Technical Program Managers, Data scientists, and Designers. You will interface with nearly every aspect of the Uber organization - from Marketing to Finance, from Maps to Marketplace. If successful, you will change the course of data, measurement and attribution at Uber and create a world-class architecture that fuels and supports our unprecedented growth.
What You'll Do / What You'll Need / Bonus Points / About the Team
What You'll Do
- Craft a coherent product vision, strategy and roadmap for the AdTech group at Uber
- Guide your team to either buy or build data & measurement tools that rapidly attain internal product-market fit and widespread adoption among those responsible for making Uber grow
- Internalize and deeply understand Uber's growth strategy - and then align your team's mission and roadmap with this direction
- Execute. This means being constantly biased towards action, knowing the data, being in the details, setting a high bar and building strong collaborative relationships with other teams, thinking boldly, disambiguating, always thinking of the customer first and rapidly iterating towards something demonstrably awesome
- Use data to ship adtech products that translate into scalable and global business impact
- Drive cross-functional team to set qualitative objectives and quantitative goals
What You'll Need
- Minimum of 5 years of Product Management experience with overall 15+ years of experience
- At least 3 years experience building AdTech products
- Experience building products from zero to first release
- Experience applying Machine Learning / statistical inference technologies to a variety of complex problems is highly preferred
- Understanding of big-data processing pipelines (over Hadoop or similar technologies), distributed data stores, and distributed file systems
- Computer science undergraduate degree or equivalent plus hands-on software engineering experience
- Technical understanding of how AdTech works on both web and mobile
- Knowledge of database architecture / schema
- Entrepreneurial spirit and a thirst for learning
Bonus Points For
- Prior experience working on optimizing ad spend on the buyer side
- Prior experience working on global projects, or in an international setting
About the Team
The AdTech team helps Uber spend our global marketing budget to maximize impact on our business.
Back to top