Greenlight Manager - Manila
Uber is a technology company that is changing the way the world thinks about transportation. We are building technology people use everyday. Whether it's heading home from work, getting a meal delivered from a favorite restaurant, or a way to earn extra income, Uber is becoming part of the fabric of daily life.
We're making cities safer, smarter, and more connected. And we're doing it at a global scale-energizing local economies and bringing opportunity to millions of people around the world.
Uber's positive impact is tangible in the communities we operate in, and that drives us to keep moving forward.
ABOUT THE JOB
Uber's partner-drivers are some of Uber's most important customers and the Greenlight Hub Manager is responsible for building and leading a best in class customer service experience for our drivers. Based in your city's Hub, you'll lead a team of Uber Experts to support existing partner-drivers and educate and excite potential partners about the life-changing flexibility & freedom of the Uber platform.
As a key member of the Philippines Greenlight Hub team, you will be responsible for leading a strong performing team of Uber Experts and running the centre on a day-to-day basis. This includes functions such as onboarding new partner-drivers through induction sessions and running Office Hours sessions where the Uber team resolves questions partners may have with any aspect of driving on the Uber platform.
You will ideally have highly refined people skills, and an deep understanding of what is required to run a high-pace retail or hospitality-style operation. You will work closely with the wider Uber Philippines team to make continuous process improvements to improve the end-to-end experience for visitors to your Greenlight Hub as well as your team. Strong process management, a passion for customer service and communication skills are required.
- Leader in Sales and Customer Service - You'll need truly extraordinary sales skills and team development skills to be able to support and inspire partners as well as your team to deliver the Uber growth goals. Depending on the conversation, you'll need to be able to charm or educate driver-partners and coach an enthusiastic team of Uber Experts.
- Analytical ability - We take a deeply data-driven approach to running our business. In order to efficiently lead the partner support centre you'll be managing the metrics to measure impact of your teams face-to-face interactions and use our data to make informed operational decisions.
- Process driven - You have great organisational skills, and constantly look to improve & scale things to make them more efficient. You question 'why' and seek to improve outcomes for our partners, your team and the business.
- Business instincts - Inherently curious by nature, you love thinking about what makes different businesses tick. You're comfortable reporting on important metrics which show the success of your management decisions and developing the team to best of their ability.
- Lead a team of sales and support-focused Uber Experts to educate partners and deliver a customer-obsessed experience in your Greenlight Hub
- Schedule and coordinate the many and varied day-to-day operations in your location
- Owning and reporting on metrics of customer and team satisfaction as well as operational performance
- Driving performance improvements and overcoming issues through innovative and practical solutions
- Hiring, training, supporting and leading Uber Experts of various experience levels
- Cultivating the global Uber brand whilst celebrating your city's individuality
WHAT YOU'LL NEED
- Strong sales/support background with a passion for building a cohesive team.
- Great communication skills and ability to interact with internal and external partners.
- Empathy and dispute resolution skills from experience in high-pressure/fast-paced situations
- Be a problem solver at heart with a genuine desire to achieve the best outcome.
- Experience with Excel, plenty of experience working with data.
- An interest in and passion for Uber.
- Ability to adapt and thrive in an environment of high growth and continual change.
- At least 8-10 years customer experience and people management, or Customer Support Manager / Director, Operations Manager, Support Lead, Program Manager, Research Manager type experience.
- A willingness to be "on the ground" working with our driver partners
- Creative solutions driven mindset, with a get things done attitude
- Experience creating and optimising processes
- Data driven decision making mentality and sound business judgement through strong analytical thinking
- Employees are given Uber credits every month.
- Fantastic opportunity to grow with the team; shape the strategic direction of your city.
- The rare opportunity to change the world such that everyone around you is using the product you built. We're not just another social web app, we're moving real people and assets and reinventing transportation and logistics globally.
- Sharp, motivated co-workers in a fun office environment.
Uber is an equal opportunity employer and enthusiastically encourages people from a wide variety of backgrounds and experiences to apply. Uber does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), gender, national origin, citizenship, age, mental or physical disability, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or any other basis prohibited by law.
Meet Some of Uber's Employees
Community Management Specialist
Brian makes sure that every Uber user has an amazing experience. He troubleshoots roadblocks to customer happiness and also does outreach to attract new Uber users.
Back to top