Greenlight Manager, Colombo
We're changing the way people think about transportation. Not that long ago we were just an app to request premium black cars in a few metropolitan areas. Now we're a part of the logistical fabric of more than 600 cities around the world. Whether it's a ride, a sandwich, or a package, we use technology to give people what they want, when they want it.
For the people who drive with Uber, our app represents a flexible new way to earn money. For cities, we help strengthen local economies, improve access to transportation, and make streets safer. And that's just what we're doing today. We're thinking about the future, too. With teams working on autonomous trucking and self-driving cars, we're in for the long haul. We're reimagining how people and things move from one place to the next.
About the Team
Community Operations is pioneering how Uber manages customer and partner support around the globe. The team you will join has one mission: make Customer and Partner Experience our #1 competitive advantage without compromising financial sustainability. You and your team will champion this mission every day until there are no doubts it's a reality.
Uber's driver-partners are our most important customers, and we're building an exceptional experience for them in our cities. Greenlight Hubs help new partners get on the road for the first time, build engagement with the platform over time, and provide a home base for the driver-partner community. Our hubs are a one-stop shop for partners to get activated, receive support, and learn more about Uber.
About the Role
At Uber, providing world-class customer support to riders and driver partners is a core feature of our product experience. Delivering this caliber of support isn't easy - it takes Managers who can understand Uber's operations, adapt to our constantly changing business, and help solve problems where no solution currently exists.
Our Greenlight Manager leads the strategic vision and financial performance of a Greenlight support center. In this role, you will lead and develop a team of Greenlight Supervisors and Greenlight Experts to provide the best possible customer support for new and existing Uber Partners. Your team will go far beyond solving issues; they will identify root causes, escalate pervasive problems, develop vendor relationships, oversee the launch of new Greenlight locations, and work on innovative partnerships to improve the driver-partner experience.
Most importantly, your staff will take pride in being the face of Uber to our Partners, and will treat every support interaction as an opportunity to develop a better connection between Uber and the driver community.
You will work together with the city operations teams to make sure your Greenlight Hubs are meeting their market's needs in terms of supply growth, onboarding, driver engagement, and any other local events or needs.
What You'll Do / What You'll Need / Bonus Points / About the Team
What you'll Do
- Own City Greenlight Operations: Own the success metrics for profitability, operational efficiency, and customer satisfaction scores
- Manage Team: Hire, train, and lead a team of GL Experts & GL Coordinators/Supervisors
- Expand City Footprint: Setting up and managing pop-up centers to serve driver-partners
- Safety & Process Compliance: Ensure process and safety compliance in your coverage area
- Reduce Contact Rate: Improve operation processes to reduce repeat walkins & customer complaints
- Manage Stakeholders: Collaborate with cross-functional stakeholders to implement operational strategy in your coverage area & be a channel to provide community feedback to central teams
- Ensure Customer Satisfaction: Provide best in class service to ensure Uber is the no.1 brand for riders and driver-partners in your coverage area.
- Analyse for Improvement: Collect, analyze, and report on Greenlight performance data
What you'll Need
- Known Language: Require speaking, written and reading fluency in Sinhalese & English languages
- Graduate: Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience
- Work Experience: At least 3 years (if Bachelors) or 1+ years (if Masters) of relevant experience in Retail or Service team management in customer support
- Team Management: Demonstrated team management capability of mid-size team
- Ownership: You're a self starter. You're ready for the autonomy that comes with building a new team within Uber with minimal oversight
- Analytical Skills: You're an analytical problem-solver. You quickly identify key metrics of success, digest complex data sets, and build data-driven action plans to respond to market conditions
- Communication: You're word-savvy and an excellent communicator. You're eloquent and able to strike the perfect tone, whether you're responding to inquiries or explaining a new policy
- Perseverance: You stay poised and calm under pressure. You follow through on tasks and view challenges as opportunities.You're process-driven. You have exceptional organizational skills, and constantly look to keep improving systems
Back to top