Greenlight Manager, Chennai
We're changing the way people think about transportation. Not that long ago we were just an app to request premium black cars in a few metropolitan areas. Now we're a part of the logistical fabric of more than 500 cities around the world. Whether it's a ride, a sandwich, or a package, we use technology to give people what they want, when they want it.
For the women and men who drive with Uber, our app represents a flexible new way to earn money. For cities, we help strengthen local economies, improve access to transportation, and make streets safer.
And that's just what we're doing today. We're thinking about the future, too. With teams working on autonomous trucking and self-driving cars, we're in for the long haul. We're reimagining how people and things move from one place to the next.
Uber's driver-partners are our most important customers and as the Greenlight Manager you will lead the charge in building a best in class customer service experience for them. You'll manage a team of 2-4 Greenlight Coordinators and 25-50 Partner Support Representatives (PSR) to onboard new partners, resolve support issues efficiently and comprehensively and treat every partner interaction as an opportunity to build a better connection between Uber and the driver-partner community. Your team will go far beyond solving issues; they will identify root causes, escalate pervasive problems, manage vendor relationships, oversee the build-out of new locations, and work on innovative partnerships to improve the driver-partner experience.
Highly refined people skills, as well as toughness, independence, persistence and empathy, are required to ensure you provide the quality of service we demand for our partners. You will work closely with the City General Manager and City Operations Managers to ensure your Center is meeting their market's needs in terms of supply growth, supply engagement, driver experience and any other local events or needs.
This is an intense, business-side startup role which has a clear and direct impact on the growth of our business. This is a ground floor opportunity to drive in-person support excellence and redefine the Partner Support experience at Uber.
- Owning the success metrics for customer satisfaction and Center operational and financial performance
- Managing multiple centers within a city
- Driving performance improvements through process development and innovation
- Hiring, coaching and managing Partner Support Representatives
- Establishing, managing and growing retail partnerships within the Center.
- Collecting, reporting and analyzing performance data
- Evaluate and share best practices, processes, tools and facility layouts within India and other regions globally.
- Maintaining an awesome experience in our support centre
- Cultivating the global Uber brand and augmenting it with local details
- Customer Service: You are obsessed with providing the highest quality of service and driving-up NPS.
- Leadership: You will need strong people skills to be able to influence partners and reinforce their commitment to drive on the Uber platform. Coach and lead a large team of highly enthusiastic PSRs to deliver Uber's growth goals.
- Process Driven: You have superior organizational skills, and constantly look to rejig things to make them more efficient.
- Analytical Ability: We take an intensely data-driven approach to running our business. In order to efficiently manage the partner support centre you'll be creating metrics to measure impact of your teams face-to-face interactions and use our data to make the right, operational decisions.
- 3-6 years of experience handling large teams and multiple processes in a shop floor environment
- Data driven decision making mentality and ability to deliver in an unstructured environment
- Relevant experience in warehousing, fulfillment, logistics, distribution, customer support, large format store management in E-Commerce/Retail/Hospitality/FMCG. Cluster/Operations managers in Insurance companies.
- Employees receive free and discounted Uber rides.
- Ground floor opportunity with the team; shape the strategic direction of the company.
- The rare opportunity to change the world such that everyone around you is using the product you built. We're not just another social web app, we're moving real people and assets and reinventing transportation and logistics globally.
- Sharp, motivated co-workers in a fun office environment.
- Monthly gym reimbursement.
Uber is an equal opportunity employer and enthusiastically encourages people from a wide variety of backgrounds and experiences to apply. Uber does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), gender, national origin, citizenship, age, mental or physical disability, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or any other basis prohibited by law
Meet Some of Uber's Employees
Community Management Specialist
Brian makes sure that every Uber user has an amazing experience. He troubleshoots roadblocks to customer happiness and also does outreach to attract new Uber users.
Back to top