Greenlight Lead - Cairo
Uber is making a positive impact on how the world thinks about transportation. What started as an app to request premium black cars in a few metropolitan areas is now changing the logistical fabric of cities around the world. Whether it's a ride, a sandwich, or a package, we use technology to give people what they want, when they want it.
Uber is an equal opportunity employer and enthusiastically encourages people from a wide variety of backgrounds and experiences to apply. Uber does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), gender, national origin, citizenship, age, mental or physical disability, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or any other basis prohibited by law.
Uber has found a strong product-market fit with its world-changing service, but we're still innovating quickly and defining new business opportunities throughout the organization. We're seeking Sub-Regional Managers for our Uber Greenlight Locations to help define and build a global network of in-person Uber Greenlight Locations (GLs).
Uber Greenlight Locations help new partners get on the road for the first time, build engagement with the platform over time, and serve as a logistics hub for the city.
We implement strategy, planning, innovation, and business development for Uber's global network of Uber Greenlight Locations, which are one of the company's key growth channels for getting drivers on the road and keeping them engaged with Uber. It's an extremely rewarding and challenging team to work on because Uber Greenlight Locations are the face of Uber for driver-partners, and our operations are essential for Uber's growth around the globe.
The Egypt Greenlight Lead oversees and maximizes the performance of the GL locally, raising the bar for our customer obsession.
To accomplish this, you'll implement standard operating procedures for onboarding and engagement, and you'll lead the team to innovate tomorrow's new best practices. You will act as the linchpin between Central Ops teams and the on the ground execution. Meaning you will have to assist with the finances and people operations of the GLs across the region. You will maximize the return on investment for GLs at a regional level.
You'll also keep in close touch with a wide array of stakeholders within your region and the MEA regional management to communicate business objectives and align priorities, making sure everyone is moving fast in the right direction.
Your leadership will instill inspiration and confidence throughout the GLs in your territory, bringing groups throughout the region together as a single team focused on building competitive advantage by growing and strengthening our driver network.
- Owning the success metrics for supply growth and operational SLAs, business targets, and financial performance of GLs throughout the region
- Optimize GLs in your region based on needs for supply growth and engagement of our driver-partners
- Assist with hiring and training GLs Managers, Coordinators, and Uber Experts
- Collecting and reporting on regional performance data, with a particular emphasis on trend identification and actionable insights
- Working with General Managers, City Teams, Regional Teams, Facilities, and other stakeholders to manage space planning, budget and headcount
- Maintain consistency of operational efficiency and Partner experience at every Greenlight Location in your region
- Minimum 6+ years of operations management, retail management, or support management experience
- Minimum 2+ years of operational people management, preferably in a start up capacity
- MBA degree preferred
- Fluency in English & Arabic
- Data-driven decision mentality and sound business judgment through strong analytical thinking
- Adaptable to change and ability to execute quickly
- Determined - You have no problem getting your hands dirty and doing the gritty work that comes along with the higher-level thinking
- A leader - You lead by example and have experience empowering a team to execute under pressure and tight deadlines
- Creative solutions driven mindset, with a get it done attitude
- High Emotional IQ – You expertly manage relationships with partners, influencers, and co-workers
- Flexible and forward thinking - We need someone sharp and eager to play with different models to help us scale
- Entrepreneurial DNA and fear tolerance of a honey-badger
- Employees are provided with Uber credits each month.
- Opportunity to help shape the future of Uber Activation Centers at Uber.
- The rare opportunity to change the world such that everyone around you is using the product you built. We're not just another social web app, we're moving real people and assets and reinventing transportation and logistics globally.
- Sharp, motivated co-workers in a fun office environment.
At Uber we don't just accept difference—we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our products and our community. Uber is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status.
Meet Some of Uber's Employees
Community Management Specialist
Brian makes sure that every Uber user has an amazing experience. He troubleshoots roadblocks to customer happiness and also does outreach to attract new Uber users.
Back to top