Greenlight Hub Manager - Melbourne
We're changing the way people think about transportation. Not that long ago we were just an app to request premium black cars in a few metropolitan areas. Now we're a part of the logistical fabric of more than 600 cities around the world. Whether it's a ride, a sandwich, or a package, we use technology to give people what they want, when they want it.
For the people who drive with Uber, our app represents a flexible new way to earn money. For cities, we help strengthen local economies, improve access to transportation, and make streets safer.
And that's just what we're doing today. We're thinking about the future, too. With teams working on autonomous trucking and self-driving cars, we're in for the long haul. We're reimagining how people and things move from one place to the next.
About the Role
Drivers are one of our most important customers, and we're building an extraordinary experience for them in our cities. Greenlight Hubs, our in-person support and retail channel, help new drivers get on the road for the first time, build engagement with the platform over time, and provide a home base for the driver community.
Our Greenlight Manager is responsible for our in-person support presence, leading the strategic vision and performance of the Greenlight location in Melbourne. In this role, you will lead and develop a team of over 40 customer support staff and specialists to provide the best possible experience for new and existing Uber drivers. Your team will go far beyond providing support; they will identify root causes, escalate pervasive problems and/or develop new processes. You will develop and maintain vendor relationships, and work on innovative partnerships to improve the driver experience.
Most importantly, your staff will take pride in being the face of Uber to our drivers, and will treat every support interaction as an opportunity to build a better connection between Uber and the driver community.
You will also work together with the city operations teams and other cross-functional teams to make sure your Greenlight Hubs are meeting their market's needs in terms of driver growth, onboarding, experience and engagement, and any other local events or needs.
What you'll do
- Drive a world class customer experience and results, through development of our customer service team, processes, and physical presence.
- Own the success metrics for profitability, operational efficiency, and Greenlight customer experience scores.
- Lead hiring, training, and quality improvement initiatives within the Greenlight Hub.
- Collaborate with internal teams, offering insightful customer focused insights back to the business to drive continuous improvement of Uber.
What you'll need
- An authentic leader & effective manager. You are passionate about leading and developing teams to perform at the highest levels while maintaining a fun and collaborative environment.
- A brilliant communicator. You're eloquent and able to strike the right tone, whether you're explaining a new policy to driver partners in person, or explaining recommendations of a data-driven study you conducted to global stakeholders.
- Incredibly empathetic and understanding of new and existing driver partners. You will be a powerful advocate for Uber and are obsessed with the community experience.
- A lover of process and optimisation. You will be revolutionising in-person support for the Uber community. You're excited about the opportunity to create and experiment with support processes, and are willing and able to lead others in iterating and implementing them.
- Data-driven and analytical in mindset. You can look at any spreadsheet and know the right questions to ask to get to actionable outcomes, and you know how to explain data in a compelling way.
- An ace problem solver. You embrace challenges, and love to generate solutions--whether they're hacky, short-term workarounds, or more sustainable, long-term process changes. You can design the right solution for the right environment, and have the diligence to follow through, win stakeholder buy-in, and deliver the desired outcomes.
- Naturally curious. You love learning how things work and you're always looking for ways to innovate. You enjoy testing different support strategies and tracking the results
- Bachelor's degree or MBA in business, economics, finance or any science-related fields
- People management experience with proven ability to effectively lead & manage a large team, set team goals, develop people to their highest levels of performance, and manage through challenging managerial situations.
- Prior professional experience in optimisation, processes, systematic organisation, program/project management
- Highly developed business judgement and critical thinking skills with a demonstrated ability to use data to quickly establish highest value priorities and develop a strategy to pursue them.
- Experience working in high-volume or extremely fast-paced environment
- Site management or regional leadership of retail-like operations or sites operating across several geographies
- Experience working in a support organisation or for organisations known for stellar support outcomes is a plus
Meet Some of Uber's Employees
Community Management Specialist
Brian makes sure that every Uber user has an amazing experience. He troubleshoots roadblocks to customer happiness and also does outreach to attract new Uber users.
Back to top