Greenlight Hub Manager - Brisbane
Uber is a technology company that is changing the way the world thinks about transportation. We are building technology people use everyday. Whether it's heading home from work, getting a meal delivered from a favorite restaurant, or a way to earn extra income, Uber is becoming part of the fabric of daily life.
We're making cities safer, smarter, and more connected. And we're doing it at a global scale-energizing local economies and bringing opportunity to millions of people around the world.
Uber's positive impact is tangible in the communities we operate in, and that drives us to keep moving forward.
About the job
Drivers are our most important customers, and we're building an extraordinary experience for them in our cities. Greenlight Hubs help new drivers get on the road for the first time, build engagement with the platform over time, and provide a home base for the driver community. Our hubs are a one-stop shop for partners to get activated, receive support, and learn more about Uber.
Our Greenlight Manager leads the strategic vision and financial performance of a State and is responsible for our in-person support presences. In this role, you will lead and develop a team of Greenlight Supervisors and Greenlight Experts to provide the best possible customer support for new and existing Uber Partners. Your team will go far beyond solving issues; they will identify root causes, escalate pervasive problems, develop vendor relationships, lead the launch of new locations, and work on innovative partnerships to improve the driver-partner experience.
Most importantly, your staff will take pride in being the face of Uber to our driver-partners, and will treat every support interaction as an opportunity to build a better connection between Uber and the driver community.
You will work together with the city operations teams and other cross-functional teams to make sure your Greenlight Hubs are meeting their market's needs in terms of supply growth, onboarding, driver engagement, and any other local events or needs.
What you'll do
- Lead the 'Uber Brand' experience in the Greenlight Hubs by cultivating it and augmenting with local details.
- Own the success metrics for profitability, operational efficiency, and customer satisfaction scores.
- Strengthen performance through process development and innovation.
- Hire, train, and lead a team of Uber Experts and Supervisors.
- Collect, analyze, and report on Greenlight performance data.
- Collaborate with internal teams to ensure your Greenlight Hub offers our driver-partners the best possible experience each and every time they walk in the door.
- Cultivate the global Uber brand and augment it with local details.
- Partner with the Labs team on experiments to design the future of in-person experiences for driver-partners.
What you'll need
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience
- At least 2 years of relevant team management experience in service delivery, customer support, brand loyalty programs or capability development
- Experience handling a P&L and/or budgets
- You operate with an ownership mentality. You'll be fully responsible for the P&L of your Greenlight Hub and held accountable for delivering financial results.
- You're a self starter. You're ready for the autonomy that comes with building your team within Uber with minimal oversight.
- You're an analytical problem-solver. You quickly identify key metrics of success, digest complex data sets, and build data-driven action plans to respond to market conditions.
- You stay poised and calm under pressure. You follow through on tasks and view challenges as opportunities.
- You're process-driven. You have extraordinary organizational skills, and constantly look to keep improving systems.
- You are open and curious. You love learning how things work and you're always looking for ways to innovate. You enjoy testing different support strategies and tracking the results.
- You're word-savvy and an excellent communicator. You're eloquent and able to strike the perfect tone, whether you're responding to inquiries or explaining a new policy.
- You're highly motivated. You understand the impact of a highly satisfied, excited team of users; you enjoy grinding away at issues.
Bonus points if
- You're literate in SQL and Excel or another data management resource
- You have Incident management and strategic complaint resolution experience
- Sharp, motivated, hard-working co-workers in a fun office environment
- Employees are given Uber credits each month
- Ground floor opportunity with the team; shape the strategic direction of the company
- The rare opportunity to change the world such that everyone around you is using the product you built
- We're not just another social web app, we're moving real people and assets and reinventing transportation and logistics globally
Uber is an equal opportunity employer and enthusiastically encourages people from a wide variety of backgrounds and experiences to apply. Uber does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), gender, national origin, citizenship, age, mental or physical disability, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or any other basis prohibited by law.
Meet Some of Uber's Employees
Community Management Specialist
Brian makes sure that every Uber user has an amazing experience. He troubleshoots roadblocks to customer happiness and also does outreach to attract new Uber users.
Back to top