Greenlight Hub Associate / Supervisor
We're changing the way people think about transportation. Not that long ago we were just an app to request premium black cars in a few metropolitan areas. Now we're a part of the logistical fabric of more than 500 cities around the world. Whether it's a ride, a sandwich, or a package, we use technology to give people what they want, when they want it.
For the women and men who drive with Uber, our app represents a flexible new way to earn money. For cities, we help strengthen local economies, improve access to transportation, and make streets safer.
And that's just what we're doing today. We're thinking about the future, too. With teams working on autonomous trucking and self-driving cars, we're in for the long haul. We're reimagining how people and things move from one place to the next.
Uber's delivery-partners are one of the most important customers, and we're building a best-in-class support experience for them at our Greenlight locations. Greenlight locations help new delivery-partners get on the road for the first time, build engagement with the platform over time, and provide a home base for the delivery community. We're seeking Greenlight Coordinators to help build a global network of in-person courier-partner Greenlight hubs.
Uber's courier-partners are our most important customers, and we're building a best-in-class customer service experience for them. Greenlight Hubs (GLs) help new partners get on the road for the first time, build engagement with the platform over time, and provide a home base for the courier community.
The GL Coordinator is responsible for managing day-to-day operations of these locations through example based leadership and data driven analytical insights. In this role, you will lead the Experts on how best to build Uber's relationship with partners, support their operational needs, manage the day-to-day regional operations, and guide our presence in each city.
- Support the daily operations through team coordination, operational oversight and data analysis.
- Train Experts in the handling and escalation of more difficult support interactions.
- Manage scheduling, attendance, and general administration of Uber Experts.
- Train, coach, and guide Experts to drive quality and efficiency metrics.
- Own facility issues such as supplies, utilities, and branding.
- Improve processes on behalf of Uber Experts and partners.
- Actively contribute to the GL program through independent and team based project work.
- People Management: effectively manage and motivate a team. Support team members to achieve performance goals.
- Data Analysis: understand operational data from your GL and city to identify areas of opportunity.
- Adaptability: manage a team and operation in a constantly changing environment. Make swift decisions and pivot processes when necessary.
- Communication: articulate your thoughts with stakeholders ranging from your team to the toughest delivery-partners to Senior Managers at Uber. Work well/effectively with your city team.
- Problem Solver: think creatively to come up with out of the box solutions to tough problems. Prioritize projects based on the needs of the business and their Greenlight location. Identify the root cause of the problem and create a process to fix/improve.
- Organization: effectively manage a million different moving pieces that pertain to the operation of the GL.
- Action first: have a bias to action. Be quick both to experimentation and to correct course when necessary. Run the center with a "can-do" attitude and be passionate about driving the success of the Greenlight location.
- Vision: identify strategic ways to expand use cases and increase value in his/her Greenlight Hub over time.
- Bachelor's degree with 1-3 years of sales, customer support, client-facing experience at retail stores such as tech & telecom, hospitality and apparel etc.
- Added bonus: proficiency in English language
- Employees are given Uber credits every month.
- Opportunity to help guide the way Uber interacts with courier partners and shape their experience at Uber Greenlight hubs.
- The rare opportunity to change the world such that everyone around you is using the product you built. We're not just another social web app, we're moving real people and assets and reinventing transportation and logistics globally.
- Sharp, motivated co-workers in a fun office environment.
Uber is an equal opportunity employer and enthusiastically encourages people from a wide variety of backgrounds and experiences to apply. Uber does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), gender, national origin, citizenship, age, mental or physical disability, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or any other basis prohibited by law.
Meet Some of Uber's Employees
Community Management Specialist
Brian makes sure that every Uber user has an amazing experience. He troubleshoots roadblocks to customer happiness and also does outreach to attract new Uber users.
Back to top