Greenlight Expert (Contract) – UberEATS, Chennai
We're changing the way people think about transportation. Not that long ago we were just an app to request premium black cars in a few metropolitan areas. Now we're a part of the logistical fabric of more than 500 cities around the world. Whether it's a ride, a sandwich, or a package, we use technology to give people what they want, when they want it.
For the people who drive with Uber, our app represents a flexible new way to earn money. For cities, we help strengthen local economies, improve access to transportation, and make streets safer.
And that's just what we're doing today. We're thinking about the future, too. With teams working on autonomous trucking and self-driving cars, we're in for the long haul. We're reimagining how people and things move from one place to the next.
Who you are:
We are looking for a few skilled people to help us build our new UberEATS business in India as Greenlight Experts. UberEATS's delivery-partners are our most important customers, and we're building a best-in-class customer service experience for them. Greenlight Locations (GLs) help new partners get on the road for the first time, build engagement with the platform over time, and provide a home base for the partner community.
We are looking to build a team of rock stars to provide quality support in our Greenlight locations in Chennai. We need people with strong communication and problem-solving skills, who don't shy away from in-person interactions.
You'll be expected to help on-board new delivery-partners, provide exceptional support, and quickly adapt in an ever-growing business. Working with Uber is a great opportunity to work with a top-notch Operations team and deep-dive into Uber's day-to-day-operations. You will work as a consultant for Uber on a contract basis with the potential for an extension based on your performance. In the past, outstanding performers have made it to full time roles at Uber.
What you'll do
- Deliver 5-star, in-person support to our delivery partners
- Conduct screening process and on-board new delivery partners
- Take 1-2 hour long sessions to walk delivery partners through the tools we use and train them to become excellent at their job
- Help brand the UberEATS name and get delivery partners excited
- Stay on the top of Uber policies and procedures
- Work with the Driver Operations team to make our processes even better
What you'll need
- Excellent communications skills. (English and Tamil)
- Empathetic: Empathy towards driver partners and willingness to help them
- Demonstrated background in solving complex customer problems
- Customer support team management experience strongly preferred
- A problem solver. You're ready to tackle complex customer problems without hesitation
- A mentor. You're able to guide and coach your team to improve performance effectively
- Independent. You're ready to manage a GL while balancing multiple priorities
- Analytical. You use metrics and data to guide and drive your decisions
- The rare opportunity to change the way the world moves. We're not just another social web app, we're moving real people and assets and reinventing transportation and logistics globally
- Sharp, motivated co-workers in a fun office environment
Meet Some of Uber's Employees
Community Management Specialist
Brian makes sure that every Uber user has an amazing experience. He troubleshoots roadblocks to customer happiness and also does outreach to attract new Uber users.
Back to top