Graduate Trainee (Entry Level - Graduates) - Uber Tokyo
Uber is a technology company that is changing the way the world thinks about transportation. We are building technology people use everyday. Whether it's heading home from work, getting a meal delivered from a favorite restaurant, or a way to earn extra income, Uber is becoming part of the fabric of daily life.
We're making cities safer, smarter, and more connected. And we're doing it at a global scale-energizing local economies and bringing opportunity to millions of people around the world.
Uber's positive impact is tangible in the communities we operate in, and that drives us to keep moving forward.
We are currently looking to hire people for our Operations, Marketing and Sales team in Uber Japan.
Operations work to execute projects and deliver the growth targets for UberEATS. They are supported by an energetic team of Uber Experts who are the face of Uber to our thousands of Uber driver- partners. Always looking to improve efficiency and solve problems which arise in this high change environment, this role is dynamic and fast-paced.
A number of UberEATS Operations staff have backgrounds in engineering, finance, consulting, law, or computer science, or have worked in entrepreneurial or startup environments -- if you think your background brings something to the table, please apply!
In Marketing, you will completely own user acquisition in your city. You'll get to build a user base from scratch, and then iteratively grow that base by combining your nuanced understanding of the city with an ability to creatively engage its users. Our Marketing staffs have a direct, outsized impact on our success, in every market!
Marketing staffs are the voice, face and soul of Uber in a given city, and they serve as the personification of our fun, innovative, service-obsessed brand.
Uber's ability to continually "wow" our users is crucial to our success, and your job will be to delight users via amazing service. Providing timely, world-class support to riders is a big aspect of this role.
Sales is a unique opportunity to help grow one of Uber's newest services: UberEATS. You will be responsible for evangelizing the vision of UberEATS to top local restaurants and industry influencers. Through a combination of inside and outside sales techniques, you will qualify, engage, and acquire new restaurant partners for our growing platform.
You have a unique combination of sales prowess, analytic ability, creativity, and are very resourceful. This is a rigorous role, and you will play a pivotal role in shaping the future of Uber brand in Tokyo.
What you'll need
- An undergraduate degree and related experience in a high-growth environment, technology, computer science, marketing, or operations preferred
- Some experience in operations / sales / client-facing management is a plus (internships included)
- 2017 graduates and recent graduates with less than 2 years of working experience are welcome to apply
- A customer service orientation and natural ability to cultivate broad and deep relationships
- Excellent communication skills, written and verbal. Fluent in Japanese (native level).
- Desired skills
- You are resolute, passionate, and resourceful. You fight for the things you believe in.
- You are highly empathetic and genuinely seek to understand and add value to your customers.
- You love people and champion the customer. You seek out "win-wins" whenever possible.
- Bonus skills and attributes: Salesforce admin experience, proficiency in another language, Excel and Google Apps skills.
- Ground floor opportunity with the team: shape the strategic direction of the company
- The rare opportunity to build a startup within a startup. We're not just another social web app, we're moving real people and assets and reinventing transportation and logistics globally
- Smart, engaged co--workers in a fun and relaxed office environment
- We have access to an amazing list of advisors and investors that we actively engage
Uber is an equal opportunity employer and enthusiastically encourages people from a wide variety of backgrounds and experiences to apply. Uber does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), gender, national origin, citizenship, age, mental or physical disability, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or any other basis prohibited by law.
Meet Some of Uber's Employees
Community Management Specialist
Brian makes sure that every Uber user has an amazing experience. He troubleshoots roadblocks to customer happiness and also does outreach to attract new Uber users.
Back to top