Global Strategy & Planning Manager
Passionate about high-growth startups and have strong analytical skills? Are you a proven team player, strategic thinker, and executor? Do you live and breathe to turn large amounts of raw data into meaningful business information? Then let’s talk.
As an early member of the Global Strategy and Planning team, you will help the strategic decision-making process and support operational excellence for Uber throughout the world. The ideal candidate for this role should have impressive analytical skills, a marked taste for operational challenges, excellent time-management and organizational habits and the ability to clearly communicate and present information.
What you’ll be doing:
- Review and lead internal communications for the Senior VP of Operations
- Collaborate closely with leaders to draft company-wide presentations and emails
- Coordinate follow-ups from senior leadership level meetings
- Facilitate communication between city operations and functional leads in headquarters
- Work with regional leads to identify and document best-in-class tools and processes
Here are the kinds of skills we’re looking for:
- 5+ years of investment banking / consulting / business intelligence or related experience; high-growth analytics or operations experience a plus
- Absolute team player
- Strong communication and organization skills
- Balance attention to detail with swift execution – we need to do things quickly, and we need to do them well. Balancing those can be challenging, and this should be a strength
- Can do attitude — we are a lean team and many times responsibilities may fall out of one’s exact job description; we are looking for folks that are willing to roll up their sleeves to get the job done
- Explorer – the ability to self-serve, investigate and get the data we require will make you much more effective in this role. Self-starter attitude is a must!
- Good data management skills
- Undergraduate or Graduate degree from a top university
- Experience in a prior strategy role highly preferred
- SQL experience a plus
- Employees are given Uber credits every month
- Ground floor opportunity with the team; shape the strategic direction of the company
- The rare opportunity to change the world such that everyone around you is using the product you built. We’re not just another social web app, we’re moving real people and assets and reinventing transportation and logistics globally
- Sharp, motivated co-workers in a fun office environment
- 401(k) plan, gym reimbursement, nine paid company holidays
- Full medical/dental/vision package to fit your needs
- Unlimited vacation policy; work hard and take time when you need it
We’re bringing Uber to every major city in the world. We need brains and passion to make it happen and to make it happen in style.
Meet Some of Uber's Employees
Community Management Specialist
Brian makes sure that every Uber user has an amazing experience. He troubleshoots roadblocks to customer happiness and also does outreach to attract new Uber users.
Back to top