Global Security Operations Center Manager (GSOC)
PHYSICAL SECURITY - NORTHERN VIRGINIA
Come build our new 24/7 GSOC in northern Virginia! We need an experienced operations leader with true crisis management and physical safety foundations. Do you thrive in an "all hands on deck" environment, love finding solutions to people problems, and can you move quickly as a builder and do'er in a fast-paced culture? This role has global impact and visibility, creating and implementing processes to support the needs of the business. The successful candidate will be an organized thinker with a solid foundation in physical security principles and the ability to creatively problem solve with those skills.
Uber is evolving the way the world moves in cities. By seamlessly connecting riders to drivers through our apps, we make cities more accessible, opening up more possibilities for riders and more business for drivers.
The Physical Security team is dedicated to protecting all things Uber, with a major focus on our most important asset - our people. The Global Programs team helps to drive this mission using a data driven and risk based approach to support our Regional Security Managers, and design processes and guidelines to keep Uber safe.
WHAT YOU'LL DO:
- Drive the vision and execution of building a world-class GSOC and regional SOCs.
- Build and implement processes to support the security and resiliency of Uber.
- Identify and implement security technology solutions to address Uber's global footprint and unique risks.
- Build processes and metrics around all functions driven through the GSOC.
- Hire and manage the full time staff, and manage/transition security vendor relationships.
- Support the Travel Security Program.
- Coordinate and manage incident and crisis response escalations.
- Facilitate the flow of information around security incidents and intelligence to senior leadership, security management, key partners, and affected personnel.
- Establish key metrics and reporting for the GSOC and security program.
WHAT WE'RE LOOKING FOR:
- 5+ years experience building and operating a GSOC.
- Direct experience supervising in a GSOC environment.
- Demonstrated knowledge of business continuity and crisis management principles.
- Extensive hands on time with access control, CCTV, dispatching and incident management systems.
- Physical and personal safety and security background - this is not just building, fraud, and assets security: We help and respond to real people across the globe!
- High Level knowledge of building a program, processes, and a team.
- Enthusiasm for solving problems and implementing creative solutions.
- Extreme attention to detail in both written and oral communication.
- Military or civilian law enforcement background is a big plus.
- Ability to manage challenges in a constantly changing, fast-paced environment.
- Proven leadership and team building experience, and executive communications.
- Proven ability to foster a culture of Trust, Honesty and Integrity.
- Travel required as needed to get things done.
- A passion for Uber!!
- Employees get credits for Uber rides!
- The chance to work on a fast-paced team that supports innovation and creativity in building security solutions
- Sharp, motivated co-workers in a fun office environment.
- 401(k) plan, gym reimbursement, nine paid company holidays.
- Full medical/dental/vision package to fit your needs.
- Unlimited vacation policy; work hard and take time when you need it.
Uber is an equal opportunity employer and enthusiastically encourages people from a wide variety of backgrounds and experiences to apply. Uber does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), gender, national origin, citizenship, age, mental or physical disability, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or any other basis prohibited by law.
Meet Some of Uber's Employees
Community Management Specialist
Brian makes sure that every Uber user has an amazing experience. He troubleshoots roadblocks to customer happiness and also does outreach to attract new Uber users.
Back to top