Global Program Leader, Greenlight Program
Uber is a technology company that is changing the way the world thinks about transportation. We are building technology people use everyday. Whether it's heading home from work, getting a meal delivered from a favorite restaurant, or a way to earn extra income, Uber is becoming part of the fabric of daily life.
We're making cities safer, smarter, and more connected. And we're doing it at a global scale-energizing local economies and bringing opportunity to millions of people around the world.
Uber's positive impact is tangible in the communities we operate in, and that drives us to keep moving forward.
About the job
Uber has found a strong product-market fit with its world-changing service, but we're still innovating quickly and defining new business opportunities throughout the organization. We want "to get big fast and stay forward." Consequently we are looking for a dynamic Global Program Director to lead the Uber Greenlight Program, a network of 400+ in-person offices that serve driver-partners. Uber Greenlight locations help new partners get on the road for the first time, build engagement with the platform over time, and serve as a logistics hub for the city. Uber Greenlight locations are one of the company's key growth channel and serve as the face of Uber for driver-partners.
The Uber Greenlight Program team implements strategy, planning, innovation, and business development for the global network of Uber Greenlight Locations. As the Global Program Director, your leadership will instill inspiration and confidence throughout the Uber Greenlight network, bringing groups throughout the region together as a single team focused on building competitive advantage by growing and strengthening our driver network.
What you'll do
- Lead the global, long-term vision, functional structure and playbook for the program globally, and lead the execution
- Hire and develop top talent for the program team based on innovation and creativity
- Set performance standards and manage Uber Greenlight metrics to achieve success globally. The Global Program Director must work collaboratively with Uber business teams to ensure the execution of process improvement and elite customer experience
- Ensure that Uber Greenlight locations meet city teams' needs
- Cultivate clear communications between city operations and HQ to innovate and improve the process in order to grow organically
- Design Uber Greenlight locations to effectively service the full range of business operations in critical and emerging cities, such as Cairo and Bangalore
- Drive the structure (staffing, organizational design, rewards programs, training, etc.) to achieve rapid, cost effective scaling and operational excellence
- Create a service of culture wherein Uber Greenlight staff build trust with driver-partners in every interaction
- Be responsible for the facilities strategy: select cost effective sites, build-out approaches and facilities support. Ensure integration between Facilities and Finance to manage financial performance through the Uber Greenlight location lifecycle
- Develop global brand standards for the Uber Greenlight program, and provide city teams with brand guidelines that are tailored to their operational needs while maintaining cost effectiveness and efficiency
- Work with Uber's Product Team to build processes and tools for the Uber Greenlight program, both for Uber Greenlight staff and for driver-partners, that create a powerful partner-facing experience and empower Uber Greenlight staff to deliver world-class service
What you'll need
This cross-functional leadership role requires a unique mix of skills and competencies that will allow the Global Program Director to innovate and execute across the many critical aspects of the Uber Greenlight program, from user experience design to financial planning to organizational development
- Consistent record of managing a team to drive customer satisfaction
- 12+ years of professional experience covering a wide range of responsibilities such as customer support and services, process development, implementation and improvement
- A natural leader who builds relationships quickly. People look to you for direction and feel supported by you
- Naturally curious. You're innovative, extremely creative and constantly looking for ways to tweak and optimize process
- Fun. You're a charismatic people person who can talk to anyone; you're flexible, fearless and excited to help build something awesome and share it with the world. You have a passion for development of people and the business
- An MBA or graduate degree is highly preferred
- Employees are given Uber credits every month.
- The rare opportunity to change the way the world moves. We're not just another social web app, we're moving real people and assets and reinventing transportation and logistics globally.
- Smart, engaged co-workers.
- 401(k) plan, gym reimbursement, eight paid company holidays.
- Full medical/dental/vision package to fit your needs.
- Unlimited vacation policy; work hard and take time when you need it.
Uber is an equal opportunity employer and enthusiastically encourages people from a wide variety of backgrounds and experiences to apply. Uber does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), gender, national origin, citizenship, age, mental or physical disability, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or any other basis prohibited by law.
Meet Some of Uber's Employees
Community Management Specialist
Brian makes sure that every Uber user has an amazing experience. He troubleshoots roadblocks to customer happiness and also does outreach to attract new Uber users.
Back to top