Global Process Owner- Credit and Collections
We're changing the way people think about transportation. Not that long ago we were just an app to request premium black cars in a few metropolitan areas. Now we're a part of the logistical fabric of more than 600 cities around the world. Whether it's a ride, a sandwich, or a package, we use technology to give people what they want, when they want it.
For the people who drive with Uber, our app represents a flexible new way to earn money. For cities, we help strengthen local economies, improve access to transportation, and make streets safer.
And that's just what we're doing today. We're thinking about the future, too. With teams working on autonomous trucking and self-driving cars, we're in for the long haul. We're reimagining how people and things move from one place to the next.
About the Role
Our Finance Operations team is looking to add a Global Process Owner (GPO) who can lead projects and workflow in our Global Order to Cash and Accounts Receivable function. This position reports to the Global Head of Order to Cash and works with Uber's Business to Business products such as Uber for Business (U4B), Uber Freight and other nascent business lines. You will work closely with various Uber city teams as well as regional teams in Accounting, Tax, Legal and Uber's external customers and vendors.
What You'll Do / What You'll Need / Bonus Points / About the Team
What You'll Do
- Lead the global credit & collections process and AR collections teams, including offshore BPO resources. Create metrics and procedures that accommodate various products and local / country compliant requirements
- Develop & implement workflows and processes to help design or purchase a credit and collections system and implement appropriate credit and collections processes for Uber
- Develop business requirements documents to build and implement solutions, aligning upstream and downstream processes to build consensus among key stakeholders
- Ensure controls are operating effectively and conform to all legal and regulatory accounting and Tax requirements, including compliance with corporate policies, local statutory requirements and Sarbanes Oxley
- Ensure SLA's & KPI's are set & well managed with stakeholders
- Work closely with other functions (e.g. Accounting, Systems, Treasury, the Business) to proactively manage and resolve business and operational issues in an innovative, efficient and effective manner
What You'll Need
- Bachelor's degree in Business or related field or appropriate experience -- Accounting , Finance, Economics Preferred
- Strong knowledge of Oracle's AR platform
- A minimum of 8 years of progressive experience in Accounting/Operations teams, preferably in a global shared services environment and 2 to 3 years management experience
- Strong functional knowledge of the following areas: customer record maintenance, customer invoicing, revenue reporting and reconciliations
- Excellent knowledge and understanding of International statutory compliance requirements
- Strong in process improvement & methodology
- Strong communication skills and ability to communicate key information and status to stakeholders
About the Team
The Order to Cash (OTC) & AR team at Uber is a high-performing team supporting business to business products experiencing rapid growth.
The team is relatively new to Uber and is building out best in class processes for business to business credit management, billing, collections and cash applications and AR. These roles are located in the US but the team supports internal and external clients globally.
Back to top