Global Portfolio Manager
This role is responsible for managing the Global lease portfolio. This position is ideal for a self-motivated professional with a passion for portfolio management, rigorous attention to detail, a commitment to teamwork, and high standards for data integrity. As manager of this global team, management and oversight responsibilities include multiple remote lease analysts as direct reports as well as in-house 3rd party lease administration and other contracted resources for ad-hoc special projects. Duties include reviews of regional portfolio with key internal and client stakeholders, establishment and enforcement of compliance standards and metrics, oversight of data and financial obligations for global real estate lease portfolio. This role will develop the standards, processes and programs that will support the global Places team and partners. The Portfolio Manager will be required to create and maintain strong relationships with internal business stakeholders, 3rd party vendors, and Places team in order to keep up with the needs of the business.
This role is based in San Francisco and will report to the Global Planning Manager of Places and be part of our Global People & Places Organization.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Oversee management of a rapidly expanding portfolio upwards of 1,000 location international portfolio with exceptional data accuracy and reporting.
- Manage and motivate growing team of global, remote lease analysts as direct reports to uniform standards and OKRs while encouraging their collaborative teamwork.
- Manage and hold accountable in-house 3rd party lease administration vendor against quarterly KPI’s with strict budget and resource restrictions. Ensuring that these teams work according to predetermined Service Level Agreements is elemental to the success of our Global Places team as well as your own portfolio management organization.
- Provide monthly 36-month Portfolio Insights at Regional and/or Business line level to key stakeholders on monthly to quarterly basis. Leverage internal and external tools for data visualization and optimization.
- Coordinate and collaborate with partner teams including Accounts Payable, Accounting, Tax, Insurance, Finance, Real Estate Legal, etc. as well as external auditing teams on a quarterly, half-yearly and yearly basis as well as dealing with ad-hoc requests.
- Establish and maintain a global rent roll via 3rd party vendor.
- Develop best practices, playbooks and tools for managing mutual team accountability, vendor SLA’s & KPI’s and enhanced global transparency of our portfolio.
- Improve processes and standards via on-going collaborations and trainings with team members.
- Solve for Ad-Hoc project and data requests from financial leadership and beyond with speed and limited resources.
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR:
- BA or BS degree from accredited institution preferably in real estate, finance, business, accounting, economics or related area.
- 8+ years experience managing an international lease portfolio as a subject matter expert regarding process and principles, finance terms and compliance, as well as general real estate experience.
- Proficiency in industry standard lease database software and associated reporting tools.
- A passion for data integrity, accuracy and innovation.
- Strong analytical skills from micro to macro level.
- A deep understanding of future GAAP Real Estate related accounting rules and it’s impact on the business.
- Proven experience in management, including team building, motivating and managing team internal accountability, managing & holding accountable 3rd party vendors.
- Exceptional detail and organizational skills.
- Enthusiasm for solving problems and implementing innovative solutions with ability to achieve stakeholder consensus and enthusiasm for lofty goals with tactical plans of attack.
- Ability to manage challenges in a constantly changing, fast-paced environment.
- Exceptional communications skills with ability to effectively present and document information to a wide variety of client business stakeholders and internal team leadership.
- Ability to travel.
- A passion for Uber!!
- Employees are showered with Uber credits each month.
- Ground floor opportunity with the team; shape the strategic direction of the company.
- The rare opportunity to change the world such that everyone around you is using the product you built. We’re not just another social web app, we’re moving real people and assets and reinventing transportation and logistics globally.
- Sharp, motivated co-workers in a fun office environment.
- 401(k) plan, gym reimbursement, eight paid company holidays.
- Full medical/dental/vision package to fit your needs.
- Unlimited vacation policy; work hard and take time when you need it.
Meet Some of Uber's Employees
Community Management Specialist
Brian makes sure that every Uber user has an amazing experience. He troubleshoots roadblocks to customer happiness and also does outreach to attract new Uber users.
Back to top