Global Mobility Operations Specialist - APAC
Uber is evolving the way the world moves. By seamlessly connecting riders to drivers through our app, we make cities more accessible, opening up more possibilities for riders and more business for drivers. From our founding in 2009 to our launches in over 450+ cities today, Uber’s rapidly expanding global presence continues to bring people and their cities closer. If you want to have a huge impact on your city and the world, this is the place to be!
About the Role
Uber is searching for a Global Mobility Specialist to build out our APAC mobility programs. You’ll serve as a key member of the broader global People Operations team. We’ll need you to have both strategic and hands-on experience, as well as a mix of entrepreneurial and large, high-growth company experience. This position is a great opportunity to provide vision and direction around strategic program development in a highly competitive, constantly changing environment.
What you’ll do:
- Build and be responsible for Uber’s mobility programs including international assignments and relocation
- Serve as technical mobility expert in region leveraging expertise in the mobility compliance space
- Manage and coordinate day-to-day activities of all mobility programs in region including assignment and transfer administration activities
- Advise business and Talent Mobility specialists in region and help them identify applicable program and structure;
- Partner with key stakeholders to benchmark and develop programs, policies, processes, and administration of all mobility programs to meet Uber’s business needs
- Provide mobility-related expertise, consultation and cost estimates for expatriate, local national, third country national and international business travel assignments.
- Supports international payroll and tax compliance process (reporting, timeline, communication, etc.) with outside tax vendor and Uber’s US and International payroll teams.
- Manage the tracking of and reporting on all international assignment program elements including participants, costs and liabilities
- Works closely with outside vendor to manage all domestic and international relocations
- Consults and provides relocation related expertise to hiring managers, recruiters, and business partners to facilitate their use of Uber relocation policies, procedures, and practices
- Assist in tracking and reporting related costs
- Assist accounting and payroll in the reporting and management of relocation accruals
- Works closely with corporate travel to track information of all international business traveler activity
- Identify opportunities to build know-how and leverage best practices for continuous improvement on Global Mobility
- Ensure adherence to corporate compliance, legal, and regulatory standards
- Audits billing information from vendors to ensure accuracy and compliance, and processes for payment within program commitments
- Provides ongoing reports, and cost analysis to assist management decision-making process
- Ensure operations and processes are both efficient and scalable
Here are the kinds of skills we’re looking for:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience, GPHR / HRBP / HRMP certification preferred
- 5+ years of experience in the development, leadership, management, and administration of global mobility including expatriate and relocation programs as well as creating related policies and processes in a fast-paced, global, multi-cultural organization
- History of delivering results and operating as an internal consultant across all levels of management
- Strategic and consultative with advanced interpersonal and project management skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, as well as an ability to present views in a clear and compelling manner
- Ability to foster close relationships, influence decisions, and gain trust with stakeholders
- Customer-focused and business-minded, with an ability to quickly build relationships by establishing trust, respect, competence, and confidence
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with quickly changing business needs, while remaining creative and innovative with both your team and clients
- Motivated self-starter, proactive and action-oriented, requiring limited supervision
- Experience with Workday preferred
- Employees are given Uber credits every month!
- Medical/dental/vision package to fit your needs
- Ground floor opportunity with the team; shape the strategic direction of the company.
- The rare opportunity to change the world such that everyone around you is using the product you built. We’re not just another social web app, we’re moving real people and assets and reinventing transportation and logistics globally.
- Sharp, motivated co-workers in a fun office environment.
Meet Some of Uber's Employees
Community Management Specialist
Brian makes sure that every Uber user has an amazing experience. He troubleshoots roadblocks to customer happiness and also does outreach to attract new Uber users.
Back to top