Global Learning Leader
At Uber, providing world class customer support to riders and driver partners is a core feature of our product experience. Delivering this caliber of support isn’t easy – it takes leaders who can understand Uber’s operations, adapt to our constantly changing business, and help solve problems where no solution currently exists.
Our Community Operations team is looking for a highly engaged leader to manage and scale our global Learning teams and align with all learning stakeholders. With millions of customers seeking answers to questions about Uber, and tens of thousands of support agents around the world helping answer those questions, it’s imperative that we provide onboarding, continuous learning programs and tools that help optimize for effectiveness and learner engagement.
What you’ll be doing:
- Lead Global & Regional Learning team strategy and planning initiatives
- Build and manage a high performing team that is tightly integrated to key stakeholders, including all of the teams that generate content, analyze support quality, and manage operations at contact centers
- Collaborate effectively with Community Operations leadership to drive towards global content alignment and process harmonization across Uber globally
- Work directly with global and regional leadership to ensure cohesive alignment in Learning programs and process
- Promote the ROI and importance of learning to key global and regional stakeholders
- Develop a strong and adaptable learning process that suits the global and regional needs of the organization
- Align and guide a team in analysis efforts to identify and gauge impact of learning programs and efforts, while always tying back to business metrics and ROI
- Build scalable KPIs and goals for global learning team that align with and adapt to regional needs
Here are the kinds of skills we’re looking for:
- BA/BS/Masters in Education, business or
- 8+ years of relevant experience in learning and training, education, or operations
- Experience deploying the most up to date technologies and processes and is extensively networked in the learning and development field
- Ability to understand, devise, integrate and deploy programs and tools to support the organization with the most appropriate benchmark learning and development
- Ability to develop and lead complex change strategies across functional, geographic and organizational boundaries
- Highly analytical. Makes quick and well thought-out decisions based upon assessing a few key facts and data points
- Demonstrated ability to achieve the highest levels of influence working in a highly complex and decentralized environment by creating compelling fact-based proposals and perseverance
- Successful track record of executing organization-wide programs and initiatives through collaboration across functions, geographies, and organization levels
- Strong written, verbal, and visual communication skills, and proven ability to influence and drive consensus at senior levels, and explain complex concepts in layman’s terms
- Demonstrated ability to hire, develop and promote top talent
- Relentlessly obsessed with both internal downstream customers and external Community users
- Employees receive monthly Uber credits.
- The rare opportunity to change the world such that everyone around you is using the product you built. We’re not just another social web app, we’re moving real people and assets and reinventing transportation and logistics globally.
- Sharp, motivated co-workers in a fun office environment.
- 401(k) plan, gym reimbursement, nine paid company holidays.
- Full medical/dental/vision package to fit your needs.
- Unlimited vacation policy; work hard and take time when you need it.
We’re bringing Uber to every major city in the world. We need brains and passion to make it happen and to make it happen in style.
Meet Some of Uber's Employees
Community Management Specialist
Brian makes sure that every Uber user has an amazing experience. He troubleshoots roadblocks to customer happiness and also does outreach to attract new Uber users.
Back to top