Global Head of Shared Services
Uber, headquartered in San Francisco, California, USA, is a game-changing technology company in its startup phase. We aim to alter the transportation space by allowing users to obtain on-demand private car service that takes them safely and smoothly to where they need to go.
Our Finance Operations team is looking to add a hands-on, details-oriented Head of Finance Shared Services to our rapidly growing finance team in San Francisco. This position will play a key leadership role in the Finance organisation around process improvement and scaling our finance operations. You will bring leadership and direction to a Global BPO Relationship Lead and the Uber Finance organisation and requires strong business partnerships and close coordination with Group and Regional finance teams to ensure objectives are being met and service levels are successfully achieved. The position will report into the Global Head of Finance Operations.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Lead implementation of Finance shared services program objectives across the teams and regions, including a common set of standard business processes, technology enhancements and delivery of value-based transactional financial services
- Provide Leadership, direction and ensure Global alignment of the Finance teams to ensure service delivery commitments are met.
- Partner with other Finance process leaders and their respective teams to design, transition as well as maintain the already transitioned processes in the global Finance shared services center. Act as a point of escalation for Global Finance Process Owners and ensure timely remediation of issues
- Review existing processes, structures, and systems with a focus on simplifying and standardizing them
- Maintain a strong focus on execution and deliver short term results and successes while moving towards the long term vision
- Identify, plan for and develop strategies, services and activities to support current and future internal customer needs in an efficient, high quality, cost effective manner
- Drive the planning, budgeting and goal setting processes across Finance shared services
- Effectively manage the BPO, set performance/productivity targets (SLA) and ensure these are executed and communicated to business partners
- Work cross functionally with all business partners to understand Buyer Ops, AP, T&E, and Payroll process end-to-end while working to review, document the policies, processes and controls, and identify and implement improvements
- Implement and report (weekly, monthly, quarterly) on key metrics to monitor, manage and improve quality and efficiency
- Incorporate the Finance shared service short / long term technology strategy and plan across the Finance teams by evaluating and recommending new technologies to improve efficiency, cost effectiveness, customer service and/or the quality of the work environment
- Instill and foster a change management and continuous improvement mindset
- Keep informed of industry and regulatory trends and prepare the BPO to respond effectively to the changing business environment
- Strong understanding and awareness of the competitive environment and industry trends. Identify implications and actions required
WHAT YOU’LL NEED
- Bachelor’s degree [Accounting Preferred]
- +15 years of progressive experience in F&A Shared Services center
- Excellent organization skills with attention to detail and completeness
- “Roll up your sleeves” and can-do attitude, energetic, forward-thinking leader with strong ability to multi-task
- Have the authority to drive alignment and make decisions
- Excellent problem-solving, conflict resolution capability
- Significant experience driving large, complex projects and programs to a successful completion as well as ability to work in a global environment.
- Strong communications and presentation skills, the ability to make the complex and detailed information clear and actionable, as well as strong influence management skills to gain alignment and commitment are required.
- An ability to collaborate with a cross-functional team of Finance leaders
- Significant experience in leading strategic business improvement and process initiatives using proven methodologies (e.g. six sigma, BPI, FPx, etc.)
- An understanding of the cultural and change management requirements and impact inherent in a large, complex organizational change initiative
- Language: fluent speaker/writer in English, other languages being a plus
- Travel like a diplomat: employees are given free rides
- We’re not just another social web app: we’re moving real assets and real people around their cities
- We have access to an amazing list of advisors and investors that we actively engage with
Meet Some of Uber's Employees
Community Management Specialist
Brian makes sure that every Uber user has an amazing experience. He troubleshoots roadblocks to customer happiness and also does outreach to attract new Uber users.
Back to top