Global Data Analyst, Global Compliance
Are you passionate about high-growth companies and have strong data analysis and SQL skills? Are you an energetic team player that is comfortable wearing many hats? Do you have a passion for solving problems? Data drives the core of Uber’s operations, and we have a challenge for you.
As a Global Data Analyst on Uber’s Global Compliance team, you will help build the framework for analyzing and assessing the state of compliance globally across a multitude of regulatory frameworks.
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
- Collaborate with different teams to understand and document global compliance
- Write queries, perform ad hoc data analysis, and create data visualizations to assess and facilitate compliance
- Build/improve data pipelines and globally scalable dashboards
- Proactively develop new KPIs/metrics to measure compliance
WHO YOU ARE:
- 2+ years of work experience developing a best-in-class understanding of databases, data relationships and data integrity (we are building out a team with people with a variety of experience levels)
- BS/Masters in Math, Physics, CS, Statistics, Economics or another quantitative field
- Expert SQL experience required
- Development experience in at least one scripting language (R preferred)
- Understanding of Linux and Git a plus
- Self-starter attitude and ability to exercise judgment and solve difficult problems without direct supervision
- Strong communication skills and attention to detail; accuracy is a must!
- A preference for quality over quantity – you get the math right and aspire to build the right solution; you appreciate being part of a team that holds each other to a high bar
- Employees are given Uber credits every month.
- Ground floor opportunity with the team; shape the strategic direction of the company.
- The rare opportunity to change the world such that everyone around you is using the product you built. We’re not just another social web app, we’re moving real people and assets and reinventing transportation and logistics globally.
- Sharp, motivated co-workers in a fun office environment.
- 401(k) plan, gym reimbursement, nine paid company holidays.
- Full medical/dental/vision package to fit your needs.
- Unlimited vacation policy; work hard and take time when you need it.
We’re bringing Uber to every major city in the world. We need brains and passion to make it happen and to make it happen in style.
Meet Some of Uber's Employees
Community Management Specialist
Brian makes sure that every Uber user has an amazing experience. He troubleshoots roadblocks to customer happiness and also does outreach to attract new Uber users.
Back to top