Global Data Analyst, Central Ops EMEA
Uber is a technology company that is changing the way the world thinks about transportation. We are building technology people use everyday. Whether it's heading home from work, getting a meal delivered from a favorite restaurant, or a way to earn extra income, Uber is becoming part of the fabric of daily life.
We're making cities safer, smarter, and more connected. And we're doing it at a global scale-energizing local economies and bringing opportunity to millions of people around the world.
Uber's positive impact is tangible in the communities we operate in, and that drives us to keep moving forward.
About the Role
Are you passionate about high-growth companies and have strong data analysis and SQL skills? Are you an energetic team player that is comfortable wearing many hats? Do you have a passion for unearthing and rethinking massive amounts of raw data? Data drives the core of Uber's operations, and we have a challenge for you.
As a Global Data Analyst on Uber's Central Ops team in EMEA, you will help build the framework for the analysis behind company-wide decisions related to operations, process, and optimization. This role is located in our Amsterdam office.
What You'll Do
- Collaborate with different teams to understand and document the vast Uber data universe
- Write queries and perform ad hoc data analysis to keep the nerve center of our operations engine running at full speed
- Create, improve, and automate reporting methods
- Proactively develop new KPIs/metrics to identify trends in the 50+ countries we operate across multiple product lines
What You'll Need
- 2+ years of work experience developing a best-in-class understanding of databases, data relationships and data integrity (we are building out a team with people with a variety of experience levels)
- BS/Masters in Math, Physics, CS, Statistics, Economics or other quantitative field
- Expert SQL experience required
- Development experience in at least one scripting language a plus (Python preferred)
- Self-starter attitude and ability to exercise judgment and solve difficult problems without direct supervision
- Strong communication skills and attention to detail; accuracy is a must!
- A preference for quality over quantity - you get the math right and aspire to build the right solution; you appreciate being part of a team that holds each other to a high bar
Meet Some of Uber's Employees
Community Management Specialist
Brian makes sure that every Uber user has an amazing experience. He troubleshoots roadblocks to customer happiness and also does outreach to attract new Uber users.
Back to top