Global Business Process Manager - Finance
The Global Process Manager – Finance role reports to Uber’s Global Business Process Sr. Manager in San Francisco. This role will collaborate with several teams within Finance to design and document current processes to streamline and support our finance operations. This role requires a dynamic individual who can be strategic and detail oriented. This team member will be the day to day project manager and develop business requirements to build well controlled business processes to scale the Company’s global accounting processes.
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
- Drive day-to-day operations of one or more projects to include the following: scoping, preparation and execution of approved project plans, facilitation of project stakeholders, and deliverable tracking to drive successful implementation of finance and business processes
- Develop business requirements documents, collaborate with technical resources and the finance applications organization to build and implement solutions, conduct or facilitate user acceptance testing (UAT) and build consensus among key stakeholders.
- Implement controls that mitigate business risk, and ensure accurate/complete financial reporting.
- Review, design and document financial processes; align operational / business processes to support end to end accounting procedures and systems.
- Prepare root cause and gap analyses for current state financial processes to support the launch of new initiatives, as well as continuous monitoring and improvement
- Perform analytics leveraging excel or other applications to identify upstream data anomalies or risks associated with new business initiatives.
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR:
- 7+ years of accounting/finance, project management, and business process experience.
- Experience working with multiple company/industry environments preferred.
- Deep understanding of business operations, specifically accounting and finance.
- Proven ability to design and flowchart end-to-end financial processes. Experience with Visio, Lucidchart or similar program preferred.
- CPA, CA or CIA preferred.
- Experience auditing, implementing, or operating in a SOX effective environment.
- Experience working in a startup or high growth environment.
- Detail oriented, organized, proven ability to manage multiple projects.
- Month-end close experience a plus.
- Knowledge of and basic ability to read and write SQL a plus.
- Advanced Microsoft Excel skills, with the ability to manipulate and digest mass amounts of data required.
- Ability to travel and a passion for Uber!
- Employees are given lots of free Uber rides every month
- Ground floor opportunity with the team; shape the strategic direction of the company.
- The rare opportunity to change the world such that everyone around you is using the product you built. We’re not just another social web app, we’re moving real people and assets and reinventing transportation and logistics globally.
- Sharp, motivated co-workers in a fun office environment.
Meet Some of Uber's Employees
Community Management Specialist
Brian makes sure that every Uber user has an amazing experience. He troubleshoots roadblocks to customer happiness and also does outreach to attract new Uber users.
Back to top