Global Business Analyst
Uber is a technology company that is changing the way the world thinks about transportation. We are building technology people use everyday. Whether it's heading home from work, getting a meal delivered from a favorite restaurant, or a way to earn extra income, Uber is becoming part of the fabric of daily life.
We're making cities safer, smarter, and more connected. And we're doing it at a global scale-energizing local economies and bringing opportunity to millions of people around the world.
Uber's positive impact is tangible in the communities we operate in, and that drives us to keep moving forward.
Passionate about high-growth startups and have excellent analytical skills? Are you a demonstrated team player, strategic thinker, and executor? Are you passionate about turning raw data into meaningful business information? We want to hear from you!
As a Global Business Analyst on Uber's PRO team (Process, Resource, & Optimization), you will help drive the analysis behind company-wide decisions related to operations, process, and optimization. The right person for this job should have excellent analytical skills, excellent time-management and organizational habits, and the ability to clearly communicate and present information.
What you'll do
- Drive analysis on globe-spanning projects and important strategic decisions
- Coordinate with other members of the Global Operations Team (Pro Team) to measure the impact and efficiency of new products and business processes
- Develop analytical frameworks to support the company in new markets and products
- Identify operational weaknesses and help improve or innovate new processes to keep local teams as efficient as possible
- Create, maintain, and communicate detailed reporting models to assist city-level, regional, and global operations managers
What you'll need
- BA/BS/Masters in Economics, Business, Engineering, or other quantitative focus
- At least 1 year of investment banking / consulting / analytical or related experience; high-growth analytics or operations experience a plus
- Excellent communication and organization skills
- Team player, Collaborative
- Action. You thrive on the belief that quality doesn't have to be compromised to achieve speed-you can have both at the same time.
- Like to take initiative - the ability to self-serve, investigate and get the data we require will make you much more effective in this role.
- Excellent Excel / data management skills - the right person for this job brings deep knowledge (and the understanding that there's always more to learn)
- SQL experience a plus
- Employees are given Free and Discounted Uber credits every month.
- The rare opportunity to change the way the world moves. We're not just another social web app, we're moving real people and assets and reinventing transportation and logistics globally.
- Smart, engaged co-workers.
Uber is an equal opportunity employer and enthusiastically encourages people from a wide variety of backgrounds and experiences to apply. Uber does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), gender, national origin, citizenship, age, mental or physical disability, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or any other basis prohibited by law.
Meet Some of Uber's Employees
Community Management Specialist
Brian makes sure that every Uber user has an amazing experience. He troubleshoots roadblocks to customer happiness and also does outreach to attract new Uber users.
Back to top