General Manager, UberEverything - Peru
Uber is a technology company that is changing the way the world thinks about transportation. We are building technology people use everyday. Whether it's heading home from work, getting a meal delivered from a favorite restaurant, or a way to earn extra income, Uber is becoming part of the fabric of daily life.
We're making cities safer, smarter, and more connected. And we're doing it at a global scale-energizing local economies and bringing opportunity to millions of people around the world.
Uber's positive impact is tangible in the communities we operate in, and that drives us to keep moving forward.
Uber Everything is the division of Uber that reliably delivers things faster and more affordably than going to get them yourself. This year we are launching UberEATS in Peru. We'll partner with hundreds of iconic restaurants to deliver the best of the city at Uber speed.
As the General Manager for Uber Everything, you will lead growth, operations, and expansion of the Uber Everything business in Peru. We are looking for the rare combination of analytical aptitude, resourcefulness, people management, customer passion, optimistic leadership, and a passion for the business we will create together.
You will be joining Uber Everything at the inflection point. We are developing an incredible team, product, and operation that will shape the industry of last-mile logistics for years to come.
What you'll do
- Lead all Peru operations for Uber Everything -- operations, strategy, marketing, press, business development, expansion, and people development
- Oversee the UberEATS P&L - revenue growth, user acquisition, driver acquisition, restaurant acquisition, and profitability
- Develop deep understanding of Uber's technology and operations, and innovate the way we deploy that technology to create magical experiences for our partners and end-users
- Leverage digital and physical marketing channels to tell a story that captures the hearts and minds of our delivery partners, restaurant partners, merchant partners, and end-users
- Work closely with our product and engineering teams to drive product development
- Develop strategic partnerships, particularly with top-flight players in the food industry
- Rapid experimentation - innovate and iterate quickly, share learnings and best practices with your counterparts in other Uber Everything cities around the world
What you'll need
- At least 6 years in business management experience (e.g., management consulting, private equity, investment banking, operations) in a fast-paced environment
- MBA preferred (but not required); undergraduate degree in a quantitative field (e.g., business, engineering, economics, etc.) or other comparable training
- Excellent business judgment, and a bias towards data-driven decision making
- Entrepreneurial spirit: drive, proactive, excited to innovate and resolve the toughest problems through new and exciting ideas
- Optimistic leadership: Taking initiative to seize opportunities. Roll up your sleeves and get into the details approach. Recruit and develop future leaders for Uber Everything
- Passion for technology, innovation, food, and Uber!
- Speed, resourcefulness, and go getter attitude - Uber is committed to constant improvement. You're excited to help create a product with value. You understand our riders and make sure every Uber experience is excellent.
- Employees are given Uber credits every month.
- The rare opportunity to change the way the world moves. We're not just another social web app, we're moving real people and assets and reinventing transportation and logistics globally.
- Smart, engaged co-workers.
- We have access to an amazing list of advisors and investors that we actively engage
- Health & Dental benefits; monthly gym reimbursement
- Full-time salary negotiable based on experience
- Equity compensation plan
Uber is an equal opportunity employer and enthusiastically encourages people from a wide variety of backgrounds and experiences to apply. Uber does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), gender, national origin, citizenship, age, mental or physical disability, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or any other basis prohibited by law.
Meet Some of Uber's Employees
Community Management Specialist
Brian makes sure that every Uber user has an amazing experience. He troubleshoots roadblocks to customer happiness and also does outreach to attract new Uber users.
Back to top