General Manager, UberEverything - Costa Rica
Uber Everything is the division of Uber that reliably delivers things faster and more affordably than going to get them yourself. This year we are launching UberEATS in Costa Rica. We'll partner with hundreds of iconic restaurants to deliver the best of the city at Uber speed.
As the General Manager for Uber Everything, you will lead growth, operations, and expansion of the Uber Everything business in Costa Rica. We are looking for the rare combination of analytical aptitude, hustle, people management, customer obsession, optimistic leadership, and a passion for the business we will build together.
You will be joining Uber Everything at the inflection point. We are building an incredible team, product, and operation that will shape the industry of last-mile logistics for years to come.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Lead all Costa Rica operations for Uber Everything -- operations, strategy, marketing, press, business development, expansion, and people development
- Manage the UberEATS P&L - revenue growth, user acquisition, driver acquisition, restaurant acquisition, and profitability
- Develop deep understanding of Uber's technology and operations, and innovate the way we deploy that technology to create magical experiences for our partners and end-users
- Leverage digital and physical marketing channels to tell a story that wins the hearts and minds of our delivery partners, restaurant partners, merchant partners, and end-users
- Work closely with our product and engineering teams to drive product development
- Develop strategic partnerships, particularly with top-flight players in the food industry
- Rapid experimentation - innovate and iterate quickly, share learnings and best practices with your counterparts in other Uber Everything cities around the world
WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW/HAVE
- 6-10 years in business management experience (e.g., management consulting, private equity, investment banking, operations) in a fast-paced environment; start-up experience an asset
- MBA from a top-tier institution is preferred (but not required); undergraduate degree in a quantitative field (e.g., business, engineering, economics, etc.) or other comparable training
- Outstanding business judgment, and a bias towards data-driven decision making
- Entrepreneurial spirit: Outsized drive, hunger to build, make big bold bets, and solve the toughest problems through innovation
- Optimistic leadership: An all-hands-on-deck and "I'll bust my ass because I love it" approach to what you do; recruit and develop future leaders for Uber Everything
- Passion for technology, innovation, food, and Uber!
- Hustle - Uber moves fast, and runs lean. It's a marathon at sprint pace. You're a fun, charismatic, people person who can talk to anyone; flexible and fearless, you're also excited to help build something awesome, share it with the world and bust your ass doing it.
- Ground floor opportunity to shape a nascent, rapidly expanding product and organization
- Shape the cities in which we live. We're not just another app, we're moving real assets and are reinventing transportation and logistics globally
- Sharp, highly-driven co-workers and a fun, relaxed office environment
- Health & Dental benefits; monthly gym reimbursement
- Full-time salary negotiable, based on experience
- Equity compensation plan
Meet Some of Uber's Employees
Community Management Specialist
Brian makes sure that every Uber user has an amazing experience. He troubleshoots roadblocks to customer happiness and also does outreach to attract new Uber users.
Back to top