General Manager, UberEverything - Bogota
Uber is a technology company that is changing the way the world thinks about transportation. We are building technology people use everyday. Whether it's heading home from work, getting a meal delivered from a favorite restaurant, or a way to earn extra income, Uber is becoming part of the fabric of daily life.
We're making cities safer, smarter, and more connected. And we're doing it at a global scale-energizing local economies and bringing opportunity to millions of people around the world.
Uber's positive impact is tangible in the communities we operate in, and that drives us to keep moving forward.
The General Manager at Uber is an incredibly demanding position, and the right person will be highly skilled, bold, and a collaborative leader. As the leader of Uber in each city, the GM is responsible for the development and growth of our business in one of the major cities globally.
The core of Uber is in the city team, led by a General Manager. They make the magic that makes Uber a reality. It is important, and the qualities and capabilities of an Uber GM mean you are an incredibly intelligent, skilled and highly sought-after professional.
As a GM, you are the chief executive of your market, ultimately responsible for operational excellence and maintaining 'Uber' quality throughout the rider's experience. Customer support, local marketing, supply chain management, service quality oversight, social media, PR - all of these sit under the GM. The role is centered on continual improvement and high quality. We believe in solving local problems with local solutions, so understanding your market and delivering custom messages is important. This is where creativity meets analytics. And it's the cross of the analytical with the creative that makes the Uber GM an exciting but challenging job. If you're passionate about being an excellent Uber GM, we want to hear from you!
What you'll do
- Lead the team in growing revenue and ridership
- Guide and scale our large and ever-growing team of marketers and operations specialists
- Oversee the market P&L
- Initiate creative local marketing strategies and user growth campaigns
- Oversee deployment and quality of supply chain (i.e. Uber's driver partners)
- Represent Uber at local events and with local PR
- Oversee local regulatory concerns and local politics
- Communicate product/process needs to HQ, work with product/engineering to deliver on them
- Help scale our other cities through developing and sharing best practices
What you'll need
- At least 7 years of general management experience
- Data-driven decision mentality and sound business judgment through deep analytical thinking
- Creative solutions driven mindset, with an execution oriented attitude
- Stellar networking skills and the ability to make smart partnerships happen
- Entrepreneurial bent and willingness to be bold
- MBA highly preferred
- Fluent in English
- Employees are given Uber credits every month.
- The rare opportunity to change the way the world moves. We're not just another social web app, we're moving real people and assets and reinventing transportation and logistics globally.
- Smart, engaged co-workers.
- Full-time salary negotiable based on experience, and equity compensation plan.
Uber is an equal opportunity employer and enthusiastically encourages people from a wide variety of backgrounds and experiences to apply. Uber does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), gender, national origin, citizenship, age, mental or physical disability, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or any other basis prohibited by law.
Meet Some of Uber's Employees
Community Management Specialist
Brian makes sure that every Uber user has an amazing experience. He troubleshoots roadblocks to customer happiness and also does outreach to attract new Uber users.
Back to top