General Manager, UberEATS - Vienna (f/m)
We're changing the way people think about transportation. Not that long ago we were just an app to request premium black cars in a few metropolitan areas. Now we're a part of the logistical fabric of more than 500 cities around the world. Whether it's a ride, a sandwich, or a package, we use technology to give people what they want, when they want it.
For the women and men who drive with Uber, our app represents a flexible new way to earn money. For cities, we help strengthen local economies, improve access to transportation, and make streets safer.
And that's just what we're doing today. We're thinking about the future, too. With teams working on autonomous trucking and self-driving cars, we're in for the long haul. We're reimagining how people and things move from one place to the next.
UberEATS delivers the best of your city right when you want it. Our curated menus feature dishes from the local spots you love and the ones you've always wanted to try. It's the same cashless payment as an Uber ride. So just tap the app, get your food delivered right to your doorstep and enjoy! As the General Manager for UberEATS in your city, you will have the unique opportunity to scale and develop our food platform in one of our major cities globally.
This is a rigorous business side role in a high-growth environment, and you will work with the UberEATS operations teams along with headquarters-based engineering, product, and process teams. You will have main responsibility for the growth of the UberEATS business.
What you'll do
- Work with the UberEATS team, Product team, and Engineering to communicate product and process needs to deliver UberEATS in your market
- Initiate creative local marketing strategies and user growth campaigns targeted both at the consumer and the restaurant partners
- Develop the business from ground up: Be on site at different restaurants handling logistics and transport, helping restaurants optimize their supply chain and connecting their business with Uber's
- Run experiments: We're looking for people who are curious and passionate about solving problems! As a startup within a startup, there will be many interesting opportunities ahead. We have a bent toward experimenting and finding unique solutions.
- Engage with local regulatory and political stakeholders within the food delivery ecosystem
- Scale UberEATS to other cities through developing and sharing your experience
What you'll need
- Senior management level experience (at least 8 years) of marketing or operations management experience
- Master's degree in science/engineering, economics, finance, management, social sciences, law or similar field (MBA a plus)
- Data-driven decision mentality and sound business judgment through deep analytical thinking
- Creative solutions driven mindset, with an execution oriented attitude
- Relevant experience in consumer service marketing is helpful
- Stellar networking skills and the ability to develop smart partnerships
- Entrepreneurial bent
- A passion for UberEATS and growing the brand
- Employees are given Uber credits every month.
- The rare opportunity to change the way the world moves. We're not just another social web app, we're moving real people and assets and reinventing transportation and logistics globally.
- Smart, engaged co-workers.
- Monthly gym reimbursement
- We have access to an amazing list of advisors and investors that we actively engage
- Wage from EUR 100,000 gross according to the applicable collective bargaining agreement.
Uber is an equal opportunity employer and enthusiastically encourages people from a wide variety of backgrounds and experiences to apply. Uber does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), gender, national origin, citizenship, age, mental or physical disability, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or any other basis prohibited by law.
Meet Some of Uber's Employees
Community Management Specialist
Brian makes sure that every Uber user has an amazing experience. He troubleshoots roadblocks to customer happiness and also does outreach to attract new Uber users.
Back to top