General Manager, UberEATS - UK & Ireland
Uber is a technology company that is changing the way the world thinks about transportation. We are building technology people use everyday. Whether it's heading home from work, getting a meal delivered from a favorite restaurant, or a way to earn extra income, Uber is becoming part of the fabric of daily life.
We're making cities safer, smarter, and more connected. And we're doing it at a global scale-energizing local economies and bringing opportunity to millions of people around the world.
Uber's positive impact is tangible in the communities we operate in, and that drives us to keep moving forward.
UberEATS delivers the best of your city right when you want it. Our curated menus feature dishes from the local spots you love and the ones you've always wanted to try. It's the same cashless payment as an Uber ride. So just tap the app, get your food delivered right to your doorstep and enjoy! As the General Manager for UberEATS in your city, you will have the unique opportunity to scale and develop our food platform in one of our major cities globally.
This is a rigorous business side role in a high-growth environment, and you will work with the UberEATS operations teams along with headquarters-based engineering, product, and process teams. You will have the main responsibility for the growth of the UberEATS business.
What you'll do
- Oversee, grow and develop the UberEATS team in the UK and Ireland.
- Work with the UberEATS team, Product team, and Engineering to communicate product and process needs to deliver UberEATS in your market
- Initiate creative local marketing strategies and user growth campaigns targeted both at the consumer and the restaurant partners
- Develop the business from ground up: Be on site at different restaurants handling logistics and transport, helping restaurants optimize their supply chain and connecting their business with Uber's
- Run experiments: We're looking for people who are curious and passionate about solving problems! As a startup within a startup, there will be many interesting opportunities ahead. We have a bent toward experimenting and finding unique solutions.
- Engage with local regulatory and political stakeholders within the food delivery ecosystem
- Scale UberEATS to other cities through developing and sharing your experience
What you'll need
- Senior management level experience (at least 10 years) of marketing or operations management experience
- Master's degree in science/engineering, economics, finance, management, social sciences, law or similar field (MBA a plus)
- Data-driven decision mentality and sound business judgment through deep analytical thinking
- Creative solutions driven mindset, with an execution oriented attitude
- Relevant experience in consumer service marketing is helpful
- Stellar networking skills and the ability to develop smart partnerships
- Entrepreneurial bent
- A passion for UberEATS and growing the brand
- Employees are given Uber credits every month.
- The rare opportunity to change the way the world moves. We're not just another social web app, we're moving real people and assets and reinventing transportation and logistics globally.
- Smart, engaged co-workers.
- Monthly gym reimbursement
- Full-time salary negotiable based on experience
- Equity compensation plan
Uber is an equal opportunity employer and enthusiastically encourages people from a wide variety of backgrounds and experiences to apply. Uber does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), gender, national origin, citizenship, age, mental or physical disability, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or any other basis prohibited by law.
Meet Some of Uber's Employees
Community Management Specialist
Brian makes sure that every Uber user has an amazing experience. He troubleshoots roadblocks to customer happiness and also does outreach to attract new Uber users.
Back to top