General Manager, UberEATS - Stockholm
We're changing the way people think about transportation. Not that long ago we were just an app to request premium black cars in a few metropolitan areas. Now we're a part of the logistical fabric of more than 600 cities around the world. Whether it's a ride, a sandwich, or a package, we use technology to give people what they want, when they want it.
For the people who drive with Uber, our app represents a flexible new way to earn money. For cities, we help strengthen local economies, improve access to transportation, and make streets safer.
And that's just what we're doing today. We're thinking about the future, too. With teams working on autonomous trucking and self-driving cars, we're in for the long haul. We're reimagining how people and things move from one place to the next.
UberEATS delivers the best of your city right when you want it. Our curated menus feature dishes from the local spots you love and the ones you've always wanted to try. It's the same cashless payment as an Uber ride. So just tap the app, get your food delivered right to your doorstep and enjoy! As the General Manager for UberEATS in your city, you will have the unique opportunity to scale and develop our food platform in one of our major cities globally.
This is a rigorous business side role in a high-growth environment, and you will work with the UberEATS operations teams along with headquarters-based engineering, product, and process teams. You will have the main responsibility for the growth of the UberEATS business.
What you'll do
- Work with the UberEATS team, Product team, and Engineering to communicate product and process needs to deliver UberEATS in your market
- Initiate creative local marketing strategies and user growth campaigns targeted both at the consumer and the restaurant partners
- Develop the business from ground up: Be on site at different restaurants handling logistics and transport, helping restaurants optimize their supply chain and connecting their business with Uber's
- Run experiments: We're looking for people who are curious and passionate about solving problems! As a startup within a startup, there will be many interesting opportunities ahead. We have a bent toward experimenting and finding unique solutions.
- Engage with local regulatory and political stakeholders within the food delivery ecosystem
- Scale UberEATS to other cities through developing and sharing your experience
What you'll need
- Senior management level experience (at least 6 years) of marketing or operations management experience
- Master's degree in science/engineering, economics, finance, management, social sciences, law or similar field (MBA a plus)
- Data-driven decision mentality and sound business judgment through deep analytical thinking
- Creative solutions driven mindset, with an execution oriented attitude
- Relevant experience in consumer service marketing is helpful
- Stellar networking skills and the ability to develop smart partnerships
- Entrepreneurial bent
- A passion for UberEATS and growing the brand
- Fluency in Swedish & English.
Meet Some of Uber's Employees
Community Management Specialist
Brian makes sure that every Uber user has an amazing experience. He troubleshoots roadblocks to customer happiness and also does outreach to attract new Uber users.
Back to top