General Manager, UberEATS - Austin
The UberEATS General Manager is a unique opportunity to own a new vertical of the Uber logistics business; it requires such a degree of talent, guts and leadership that the right person is difficult to find. As the leader of UberEATS, the GM is responsible for the development and growth of a new business, and requires someone who’s not afraid of being in the weeds and fine tuning even the most specific of details. You are literally developing and rolling out the food delivery ecosystem for Uber. We’re looking for someone who has that mix of operational prowess to get shit done, the grit and determination that’s needed to negotiate and bring out the best from our restaurant vendors, the innovation and creative thinking that’s required to develop outside the box solutions, and the emotional intelligence required to oversee a complex logistical operation and overseeing teams of people. Think this is you? Keep reading…
We need a master executor/operator. This is the ideal role for someone who has experience building out processes, who’s obsessed with tinkering and iterating, all the while never forgetting to build out the playbook. As the General Manager, you’ll also be responsible for operational excellence and maintaining ‘Uber’ quality throughout the customer’s experience and this includes everything from the time of request to the actual quality of the meals. Local marketing, supply chain management, service quality management, social media, PR — all of these sit under the GM’s umbrella of responsibilities. Continual improvement and a quality focus are the name of the game. We believe in building these food and delivery with local solutions, so understanding your market and delivering custom messages and building local partnerships is important. This is where creativity meets analytics head on.
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
- Work with UberEATS team, Product team, and with Engineering to communicate product and process needs to deliver UberEATS in your market.
- Initiate creative local marketing strategies and user growth campaigns targeted both to the consumer and to the restaurant partners.
- Become the subject matter expert in food logistics and any and all conditions related to food delivery and quality. You’ll have to be on site at different restaurants overseeing the handling and transport, helping restaurants optimize their supply chain and connecting their business with Uber’s.
- Run experiments, everything from temperature control to fleet management. There are a lot of challenges related to this business and we’re always using the best solution and staying ahead of any challenges.
- Manage local regulatory issues and local politics within the food delivery ecosystem
- Continue to grow REVENUES and USERS!
- Help scale UberEATS to our other cities through developing and sharing best practices.
WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW/HAVE:
- 8+ years of marketing or operations management experience
- Data-driven decision mentality and sound business judgment through strong analytical thinking
- Creative solutions driven mindset, with a get shit done attitude
- Relevant experience in consumer service marketing is helpful
- Stellar networking skills and the ability to make smart partnerships happen
- Has experience managing a team
- Entrepreneurial DNA and fear tolerance of a honey-badger
- Employees are showered with Uber credits each month.
- Ground floor opportunity with the team; shape the strategic direction of the company.
- The rare opportunity to change the world such that everyone around you is using the product you built. We’re not just another social web app, we’re moving real people and assets and reinventing transportation and logistics globally.
- Sharp, motivated co-workers in a fun office environment.
- 401(k) plan, gym reimbursement, nine paid company holidays.
- Full medical/dental/vision package to fit your needs.
- Unlimited vacation policy; work hard and take time when you need it.
Meet Some of Uber's Employees
Community Management Specialist
Brian makes sure that every Uber user has an amazing experience. He troubleshoots roadblocks to customer happiness and also does outreach to attract new Uber users.
Back to top