General Manager, UberEATS - Austin
Uber is a technology company that is changing the way the world thinks about transportation. We are building technology people use everyday. Whether it's heading home from work, getting a meal delivered from a favorite restaurant, or a way to earn extra income, Uber is becoming part of the fabric of daily life.
We're making cities safer, smarter, and more connected. And we're doing it at a global scale-energizing local economies and bringing opportunity to millions of people around the world.
Uber's positive impact is tangible in the communities we operate in, and that drives us to keep moving forward.
The UberEATS General Manager is a unique opportunity to own a new vertical of the Uber logistics business, and the right person will be highly skilled, bold, and a collaborative leader. As the leader of UberEATS, the GM is responsible for the development and growth of a new business, and requires someone who's not afraid of being in the weeds and fine tuning even the most specific of details. You are literally developing and rolling out the food delivery ecosystem for Uber. We're looking for someone who has that mix of operational know-how, the resourcefulness and motivation that's needed to negotiate and bring out the best from our restaurant vendors, the innovation and creative thinking to develop outside the box solutions, and the emotional intelligence to oversee a complex logistical operation and teams of people.
We need an excellent executor/operator. The right person for this role is someone who has experience developing processes, who's passionate about tinkering and iterating, all the while never forgetting to document the process. As the General Manager, you'll also be responsible for operational excellence and maintaining 'Uber' quality throughout the customer's experience and this includes everything from the time of request to the actual quality of the meals. Local marketing, supply chain management, service quality oversight, social media, PR - all of these sit under the GM's umbrella of responsibilities. The role is centered on continual improvement and high quality. We believe in developing these food and delivery with local solutions, so understanding your market and delivering custom messages and developing local partnerships is important. This is where creativity meets analytics.
What you'll do
- Work with UberEATS team, Product team, and with Engineering to communicate product and process needs to deliver UberEATS in your market.
- Initiate creative local marketing strategies and user growth campaigns targeted both to the consumer and to the restaurant partners.
- Become proficient in the subject matter of food logistics and any and all conditions related to food delivery and quality. You'll have to be on site at different restaurants overseeing the handling and transport, helping restaurants optimize their supply chain and connecting their business with Uber's.
- Run experiments, everything from temperature control to fleet management. There are a lot of opportunities related to this business and we're always using the best solution and staying ahead of any potential issues.
- Oversee local regulatory issues and local politics within the food delivery ecosystem
- Continue to grow revenues and users!
- Help scale UberEATS to our other cities through developing and sharing best practices.
What you'll need
- At least 6 years in business management experience (e.g., management consulting, private equity, investment banking, operations) in a fast-paced environment; experience in a high-growth environment an asset
- Data-driven decision mentality and sound business judgment through deep analytical thinking
- Creative solutions driven mindset, with an execution oriented attitude
- Relevant experience in consumer service marketing is helpful
- Stellar networking skills and the ability to make smart partnerships happen
- Has experience developing a team
- Entrepreneurial spirit and a willingness to be bold
- Employees are given Uber credits every month.
- The rare opportunity to change the way the world moves. We're not just another social web app, we're moving real people and assets and reinventing transportation and logistics globally.
- Smart, engaged co-workers.
- 401(k) plan, gym reimbursement, nine paid company holidays.
- Full medical/dental/vision package to fit your needs.
- Unlimited vacation policy; take time when you need it.
Uber is an equal opportunity employer and enthusiastically encourages people from a wide variety of backgrounds and experiences to apply. Uber does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), gender, national origin, citizenship, age, mental or physical disability, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or any other basis prohibited by law.
Meet Some of Uber's Employees
Community Management Specialist
Brian makes sure that every Uber user has an amazing experience. He troubleshoots roadblocks to customer happiness and also does outreach to attract new Uber users.
Back to top