General Manager, Uber Eats - Peru
We're changing the way people think about transportation. Not that long ago we were just an app to request premium black cars in a few metropolitan areas. Now we're a part of the logistical fabric of more than 600 cities around the world. Whether it's a ride, a sandwich, or a package, we use technology to give people what they want, when they want it.
For the people who drive with Uber, our app represents a flexible new way to earn money. For cities, we help strengthen local economies, improve access to transportation, and make streets safer.
And that's just what we're doing today. We're thinking about the future, too. With teams working on autonomous trucking and self-driving cars, we're in for the long haul. We're reimagining how people and things move from one place to the next.
About the Role
Uber Eats is the division of Uber that reliably delivers food faster and more affordably than going to get them yourself. This year we are launching Uber Eats in Peru. We'll partner with hundreds of iconic restaurants to deliver the best of the city at Uber speed.
As the General Manager for Uber Eats, you will lead growth, operations, and expansion of the Uber Eats business in Peru. We are looking for the rare combination of analytical aptitude, resourcefulness, people management, customer passion, optimistic leadership, and a passion for the business we will create together.
You will be joining Uber Eats at the inflection point. We are developing an incredible team, product, and operation that will shape the industry of last-mile logistics for years to come.
What You'll Do / What You'll Need / Bonus Points / About the Team
What You'll Do
- Lead all Peru operations for Uber Eats - Operations, strategy, marketing, press, business development, expansion, and people development
- Oversee the Uber Eats P&L - Revenue growth, user acquisition, driver acquisition, restaurant acquisition, and profitability
- Develop deep understanding of Uber's technology and operations, and innovate the way we deploy that technology to create magical experiences for our partners and end-users
- Leverage digital and physical marketing channels to tell a story that captures the hearts and minds of our delivery partners, restaurant partners, merchant partners, and end-users
- Work closely with our product and engineering teams to drive product development
- Develop strategic partnerships, particularly with top-flight players in the food industry
- Rapid experimentation - Innovate and iterate quickly, share learnings and best practices with your counterparts in other Uber Eats cities around the world.
What You'll Need
- A minimum of 6 years of experience in business management is expected, but we will consider candidates with less experience if they meet our other requirements (e.g., management consulting, private equity, investment banking, operations) in a fast-paced environment
- MBA preferred (but not required); undergraduate degree in a quantitative field (e.g., business, engineering, economics, etc.) or other comparable training
- Excellent business judgment, and a bias towards data-driven decision making
- Entrepreneurial spirit: drive, proactive, excited to innovate and resolve the toughest problems through new and exciting ideas
- Optimistic leadership: Taking initiative to seize opportunities. Recruit and develop future leaders for Uber Eats
- Passion for technology, innovation, food, and Uber!
About the Team
This person will report directly to the Uber Eats Regional General Manager for Latin America, and will be responsible for recruiting the team, managing the following areas: Operations, Marketing, Sales, Account Management and Restaurant Operations.
Back to top